Talk

Advanced search

tidy books bookcase - - opinions anyone ?

(12 Posts)
sitdownpleasegeorge Thu 24-Jul-08 14:48:30

I'm thinking of getting one of these but am unsure as to how practical it would really be.

Does anyone have one or has anyone seen them in use ?

Do they have to be secured to a wall

sitdownpleasegeorge Thu 24-Jul-08 19:44:05

hopeful bump smile

KaySamuels Thu 24-Jul-08 19:49:00

I have got my eye on a similar type of bookcase in vertbaudet, waiting for a good discount code! grin

KaySamuels Thu 24-Jul-08 19:53:06

this one

How much is the tidy books one?? It's very nice. smile

I do think this kind have to be secured to a wall.

wheresthehamster Thu 24-Jul-08 19:57:08

It only looks like it holds about 10 books. Where do you put the rest?

A lot of money for showcasing a few books if you ask me

bodiddly Thu 24-Jul-08 19:58:25

We have one for ds in the kitchen. He loves it and sits on his potty and takes the books out to read! It does have to be secured to the wall but you they hold quite a lot of books! Bear in mind though that they are quite fiddly to put together. We bought the plain white one so it can be used in his room when he is older for cds etc.

sitdownpleasegeorge Thu 24-Jul-08 20:29:42

tidy books one holds 80+ books depending on size of book.

you can get them for £99.50 + about £4.00 delivery.

MuffinMclay Thu 24-Jul-08 21:13:02

We got one about a month ago and it is great. Looks nice and holds a decent amount of books. Ds1 loves it because he can see his books properly (his previous spine on bookcase was less child friendly). They're pretty stable imo. We have it against a wall at a slight angle but unsecured (you can secure it if you wish - has suitable holes but I'm useless at drilling into walls). I don't think it would fall over. It is quite heavy once it is full of books. Only took about half an hour to build.

sitdownpleasegeorge Fri 25-Jul-08 00:10:14

Thanks Muffin, I too was hoping to angle backwards against a wall as I hate drilling walls and dh certainly won't a) agree to drill into lovely smooth plastered walls or b) even get round to assembling it.

I was thinking of getting the natural wood effect one with no letters on. I hankered after them ages ago when they were all about £160 but at just over £100 it's a lot more reasonable.

hughjarsss Fri 25-Jul-08 00:33:14

this is the one I'm thinking of getting

Has anyone got this one?

I don't really want to pay this much but been looking for a while and haven't seen it cheaper

sitdownpleasegeorge Fri 25-Jul-08 00:57:08

Hughjarss

I haven't seen them cheaper yet and they just don't seem to be coming up second hand on ebay.

I just didn't want any letters on it as then it may be more practical for longer.

StarlightMcKenzie Fri 25-Jul-08 02:40:45

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now