Talk

Advanced search

I need a good portable toddler camp bed / inflatable / sleeping bed sort of thing. What would you recommend?

(11 Posts)
BroccoliSpears Thu 24-Jul-08 09:45:28

Dd is 2. She has grown out of our travel cot and I don't feel like splashing out on one of those big travel cots.

She sleeps in a single bed at home.

When we go visiting relatives we will need something for her to sleep in.

What should I get? Is there a toddler travel bed sort of thing? I can't find anything in Argos. Would an adult camp bed be better?

Advice greatly appreciated!

scarletlilybug Thu 24-Jul-08 09:48:37

I'd recommed a ready-bed - an inflatable matress and sleeping bay in one. My two children have them for camping and sleepovers and they really like them. HTH.

shrinkingsagpuss Thu 24-Jul-08 09:48:51

ready bed.

you can get baby veriosn, with sort of mini cot sides so they don't roll out, or bigger ones which are like a bow up bed and sleepng bag all in one.

google ready bed, or go on ebay. about £30 new. DS's has been great, we use it for sleep overs etc..

cali Thu 24-Jul-08 09:55:16

kampa junior airbed, doesn't come with a sleeping bag but have used these for dd's - aged 10mths and 3 years. Both slept really well and had no problems. Cost £11 each.

cali Thu 24-Jul-08 09:56:24

other benefit is you can use their own pillow and duvet/blankets with these beds.

BroccoliSpears Thu 24-Jul-08 13:12:45

Have left this to the last minute so ebay and amazon are out. Need something I can get in Leeds or Sheffield today or tomorrow.

Those readybeds look ideal, but do they all have tv characters on them?

Kampa junior airbed looks great too - am googling trying to find a stockist near me.

ladytophamhatt Thu 24-Jul-08 13:14:33

i've just bought a kampa junior bed for ds4, it looks great.

ladytophamhatt Thu 24-Jul-08 13:15:29

i had trouble getting one though, BS.
they were out of stock in alot of places

cmotdibbler Thu 24-Jul-08 13:18:07

The My First Ready beds all do have characters on.

I'd just ring round the big camping shops near you for the Kampa - more reliable than Googling.

DS loves his !

BroccoliSpears Thu 24-Jul-08 13:48:55

Dp works near a big Decathlon. Am trying to hunt through and see if they stock anything suitable.

CaptainKarvol Thu 24-Jul-08 13:57:07

Is there a futon place in Leeds? We use a zip up single futon for DS (2.4) - is great. Also makes good cushion when zipped.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now