Talk

Advanced search

Toddler bed recommendations please?

(127 Posts)
PavlovtheCat Wed 23-Jul-08 21:37:52

Need bed and mattress, good quality, in white.

Dont want to spend more than £150.00 on both. Cheap I know!

And I need it quite quickly.

Suggestions?
Thanks!

JackieNo Wed 23-Jul-08 21:39:18

Ikea, I'd guess.

msappropriate Wed 23-Jul-08 21:39:23

Don't know if this is good enough quality for you but ikea do a nice white extendable bed, from cot bed size to full size sinlge. My friends dd has one and it has lasted well.

PavlovtheCat Wed 23-Jul-08 21:40:25

I am just looking at one now! But I can't see it in white? I will look again.
Thank you

ILoveDolly Wed 23-Jul-08 21:40:39

saplings do a bed, matress and bedding for 120 but you might have to settle for pine colour.....

TwoWashTutter Wed 23-Jul-08 21:41:01

don't do it

buy a single

msappropriate Wed 23-Jul-08 21:41:02

www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S99827959

PavlovtheCat Wed 23-Jul-08 21:41:55

No, no longer in white. I am being picky, but DD has a small room and white will be less intrusive, won't make the room too cluttered. iyswim.

There is another one there, only £58! but I am hesitant as it must be crap at that price?!

PavlovtheCat Wed 23-Jul-08 21:42:50

No, I lie. It is £52!

Blimey, does it matter if it is that cheap eh? grin

msappropriate Wed 23-Jul-08 21:42:57

my one? its in stock near me

PavlovtheCat Wed 23-Jul-08 21:44:08

*twowashtutter - prob with a single is room is tiny. And, to be honest DD is also tiny, she can still sleep horizontally in her cot!

But she can now also climb out!

I will look at the saplings one, thanks ilovedolly

nancy75 Wed 23-Jul-08 21:44:39

bedding for toddler beds is really expensive and hard to get, get a single bed if it will fit

PavlovtheCat Wed 23-Jul-08 21:45:14

Oh msappropriate, that is nice! I did not see that one! I going to show it to DH!

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

PavlovtheCat Wed 23-Jul-08 21:47:04

nancy wont cotbed bedding fit? We have a very warm house so are going to just get a quilt rather than a duvet, for now. Currently she only has a sheet/light blanket on her bed.

PavlovtheCat Wed 23-Jul-08 21:48:51

Oh TMMJ that one is good too, and quick delivery...which we need tbh. And would save us a trip to Bristol Ikea on a Friday [fear emoticon].

We need sturdy too, as she is a bit of a monkey!

ClareVoiant Wed 23-Jul-08 21:49:30

we have the saplings one in pine, but it also comes in white, blue and pink. you can get them in argos, kiddicare, ebay and other places, with a sprung mattress for £99 (or cheaper with a foam mattress)
ds also has a tiny room, and its nice that there's still room in his room with this bed, however he's outgrowing it really fast (he's a big boy) and i wished now that i'd bought him a small, low to the ground, single bed. so it would last longer and also so i could lie down next to him smile when needed.

SazzlesA Wed 23-Jul-08 21:49:36

Message withdrawn

msappropriate Wed 23-Jul-08 21:50:56

I think ther may be 3 sizes; cot bed, toddler bed and single bed. ie the ikea one is in 3 sizes. I maybe wrong. my friend just tucks the single sheet under a bit more and uses a normal quilt, horizontally at first I think.

About the climbing out. My son did it from before he was 2 but we kept him in the cot cos of the size of the room and he is a tall boy. He only went into a bed when we moved house the week before he was 3.

PavlovtheCat Wed 23-Jul-08 21:53:05

msappopriate how did you keep him in?

DD is still up now, and it is almost 10pm! We have had to put down the side of the cot so she has less distance to fall, as she can get out of it whatever the height! shock

PavlovtheCat Wed 23-Jul-08 21:59:55

I would like a single bed, but there is just no room right now.

She is very tiny for her age as I said, so I am sure we will get some use out of it, and can sell it on when we need to.

And, as for laying next to her when she is poorly, she does not do snuggles. If she is that poorly that she will do snuggles, she is in with us anyway, so not too bothered about that.

(and I am tiny, could probably fit in the toddler bed too!).

The ones I have looked at, apart from Ikea are 149cm or so, so i think cotbed bedding should fit those. Or normal stuff just tucked in, as some-one else said.

msappropriate Wed 23-Jul-08 22:03:49

Well for some odd reason I think he didn't get in and out at night time, only early in the am. I put it down to my superior parenting not luck! ha ha! He always seemed quite safe though cos he was very tall. He used to like getting in and out with his friends and bouncing around.

He did get in and out of the travel cot a lot on one holiday I remember but we were all in the same room. When we moved him to a bed he was awful for a week out and about all the time.

SazzlesA Wed 23-Jul-08 22:04:01

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now