Talk

Advanced search

Is there a buggy board that will fit the Micralite?

(7 Posts)
crybabybunting Wed 23-Jul-08 13:45:43

I have asked in John Lewis and been told 'no', but DH says he knows people who have managed to fit a buggy board on to their Micralite.

Has anybody else managed this and if so how safe is it and which board was it?

Thanks

theyoungvisiter Wed 23-Jul-08 13:47:06

no idea but bump as I would also like to know!

Turniphead1 Wed 23-Jul-08 14:00:04

I would have thought "no" given that it is err... "lite" and wouldn't have the requisite amount of weight at the front to counter balance a toddler standing at the back.

But on this link here someone says:

"ome people will tell you there is no Buggy Board for the Micralite, but they're absolutely wrong. The 3G-BuggyBoard is a perfect fit, as long as you have the wit to remove the two arms and swap sides so they dog-leg into the middle and not out to the sides. Once you do this the two cottapins need to be screwed all the way through to marry-up with the clamps placed on the rear down-tubes, and off you go. It fits so well it doesn't take up any more space when folded either.

The only down side is the relatively poor design quality of the BuggyBoard product. It weighs almost as much as the Micralite, so it tips it over without the baby in it before your toddler gets on. It also tips it over when folded and stood vertically. You just have to remember to wedge it up against a wall with the brake on."

To me that means a buggy board ain't suitable. It HAS to be a certain weight. This guy sounds a bit of a dozer to me, but hey...

theyoungvisiter Wed 23-Jul-08 14:08:52

I cannot even begin to understand all that stuff about the cottapins and the doglegs!

So what you're saying is that I need to have a really fat baby in order to make it work? grin

Turniphead1 Wed 23-Jul-08 14:18:50

I know - jaysus, men and their buggy reviews grin. IT'S NOT A CAR ITS A BUGGY!!!

Yes, you need a really really FAT baby - or if you have a skinny one, you could adorn it's baby gro with breeze blocks...

Another (serious) idea - is you can buy weights to attach to the front legs on a buggy to counterbalance when you overload of the handles with shopping. Might work for a buggy board?

I would tend to go with John Lewis' advice I guess but I know it's a pain when you have a good buggy and don't want to change. My DD was bang on 2 when her bro was born and despite me buying a Buggy board she would never use it and just ended up walking all the time. A bit slow sometimes but now she can walk as fast as me ..

crybabybunting Wed 23-Jul-08 21:49:08

this is the board that my DH says would work.

I think he's just trying to stop me buying a new buggy hmm

I agree it can't work unless the baby is huge or you have a spindly-thin toddler.

BexieID Thu 24-Jul-08 23:20:30

Buggy weights DO NOT work on the Micralite with shopping. Complete waste of time that was, lol. TBH, my feet kick the bottom of the buggy normally. I can't imagine what having a buggy board would be like, unless thats a real problem with any buggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now