Talk

Advanced search

I really must get my son a bed. Help please!

(12 Posts)
itati Wed 23-Jul-08 12:39:02

Need -

Bunk bed type bed with sofa underneath which turns into another bed.

For child age 7 and occsionally his visiting (from their rooms!) sister who is nearly 5 and his brother who is 3. DS1 would sleep on the bottom most of the time and on the top when sharing.

Budget -

Tiny.

Any ideas? Not from Argos thank you.

itati Wed 23-Jul-08 20:22:26

Anyone?

tootiredtothink Wed 23-Jul-08 22:10:23

My only advice is not to get a metal one!

Had this for dd (although a chair underneath with a desk and not sofa), and the metal slats were horrific to sleep on. Her one and only sleepover on it had the 2 girls ending up on same bed as it was too painful to lie on (they were only 6 at the time so weight wasn't an issue).

tootiredtothink Wed 23-Jul-08 22:19:57

horrific metal one

Would this type be better [[http://www.kiddiebeds.co.uk/showprod.php?n=n&pid=1191509150 wooden one but shock at price]]

Could do this ikea one and add folding chair and desk yourself for a darn site cheaper.

tootiredtothink Wed 23-Jul-08 22:21:04

try again [blush]

Phoenix Wed 23-Jul-08 22:33:01

Why not Argos?? We've seen a bed for ds in there hmm

tootiredtothink Wed 23-Jul-08 23:20:48

mner selling ikea bed

mablemurple Wed 23-Jul-08 23:24:39

ooooh, tootired - thank you for linking to my thread! Was wondering if it was bad form to do it myself smile.
Can confirm that the slats are wooden and are very comfortable to sleep on - have done so myself several times.

mablemurple Wed 23-Jul-08 23:26:23

On a mattress, of course!

tootiredtothink Wed 23-Jul-08 23:35:27

Was too much of a coincidence to pass up!

(you can give me the fiver laterwink)

itati Thu 24-Jul-08 07:56:21

Argos let me down big time when I tried to order a bed a couple of months ago. No way would I use them again for delivery items.

Thank you mablemurple but DS1 has to have a new bed. He has been sleeping on his dad's single bed and it is time he had his very own.

itati Mon 28-Jul-08 08:18:02

He is still on at me that his bed is uncomfortable and wants his mattress on the floor. hmm

Dh maintains bed is fine.

I am getting him one but just can not find one yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now