Advanced search

Fridges - whats that funny thing at the back of mine?!

(3 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Wed 23-Jul-08 11:17:32

No - not that dodgey looking thing covered in fur but the plastic thing that looks a bit like the stick you blow blubbles with - thats stuck down a little hole at the back of the fridge. What is, what does it do and what should I do with it????

Surely its not a blubble blowing stick that has been left there by previous owners????!!!

Also - has anyone replaced a fridge that has a kitchen unit facade on it (can't remember the correct term for it!!). How easy was it to fit a new one and still get the facade thingy to fit properly????

MrsBadger Wed 23-Jul-08 11:29:38

the hole is the drain for the condensation that collects on the chiller plate at the back of the fridge
the bubble-blowing stick thing is so you can easily lift out the mank that gets trapped in there that would otherwise block the hole.

we did the opposite ie replaced the 'facade' leaving the fridge in place. If you get a fully integrated fridge exactly the same size as the old one there should be no problem, but you might need a new set of the fittings to attach the matching door to the actual fridge door.

OllieWollieWoo Wed 23-Jul-08 14:53:17

Thanks Mrs B - it all makes sense now!!! (All these years I have wondered what it was!)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: