Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

tag along bikes

(9 Posts)
philippat Mon 07-Feb-05 20:58:15

anyone have any experience of tag along bikes?

what age range (dd is 3)?
any problems, things to watch out for?
recommendations?

motherinferior Mon 07-Feb-05 20:58:58

I don't know, but hey Phillipa, have you moved to Canada?

Mo2 Mon 07-Feb-05 21:02:21

Hi there! Yes - we've got one, but didn't get it until DS was about 4.5, and he is also tall for his age.
TBH I think 3 might be a bit young - they DO need to concentrate on balancing and I'd hate them to fall asleep on the back (and fall off!) which is what DS2 (now 2.5) does in his bike seat... (Fall asleep that is - not fall off!)

They are good however for getting about on 'proper speed' bike rides and for getting the little ones enthused about biking. DH often takes DS1 to school on his!

You can often rent them from bike hire shops for a day/ weekend - perhaps do this first?

philippat Mon 07-Feb-05 21:07:02

no, in the end after paying the canadian government several thousand dollars we decided we'd rather stay here... (don't ask)

I never did get round to asking who the curator is you used to go out with... although if you have 9 rubber ducks you sound a bit obessively curator-ish yourself... (we have six, only 3 of them yellow...)

philippat Mon 07-Feb-05 21:08:40

sorry Mo2, that was at motherinferior!

thanks for the good advice, will try and rent one to test the falling-off-ness!

motherinferior Mon 07-Feb-05 21:08:47

I tried CATting you about the curator but couldn't. Will tell you if you CAT me, although it's probably really uninteresting to you. He's stopped curating and is freelance and is going out with another friend of mine and they appear to spend masses of money on expensive clothes, which makes me rather bitter as I spend lots of money on childcare.

onlyjoking Mon 07-Feb-05 21:10:52

we have the trail gator bag which is better cos you link the two bikes together with it then when your kids more able you can unhitch it and leave it on the bike for when they are tired ect, they are pricey think ours were 50 quid each but they were nearly 100 quid in decathlon,
they sell them on ebay

philippat Mon 07-Feb-05 21:11:31

museum people do seem to be either completely uninterested in clothes or like the expensive stuff. Make it very difficult to shop at Primark (not that that stops me). I'll CAT you, gotta know now I've remembered it again...

philippat Mon 07-Feb-05 21:13:07

onlyjoking does that trailgator thing work in real life? I was really sceptical because I'd heard that the kid's bike often ended up at an sideways angle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now