Talk

Advanced search

Phil and Teds, just bought Sport......

(34 Posts)
Flum Wed 23-Jul-08 09:29:21

Will I need it?

Am I mad

Have one older DD 4 and half, out of buggy. One dd who is 2 yrs and 1 mth and a baby due at end of October. I really wanted one last time but didn't get. This is 3rd and final baby, will it be a waste.

Our walk to school will be short only 10 mins I reckon the 2 yr old could walk.

Spose she could conceivable still use the buggy until she is about 3. Will i be making her lazy?

Oh dear it was £350, feel a bit wasteful.

I do already have a dodgy old maclaren double buggy, rarely used, and a buggy board, and a Jane, and a Mamas and Papas, have many buggies actually.

midnightexpress Wed 23-Jul-08 09:31:34

Get rid of all the other ones and then you'll feel better about it.

Go on girl, de-clutter!

LIZS Wed 23-Jul-08 09:32:26

does sound a bit extravagant tbh! Mind you just seen a pic of Madonna pushing Gwyneth Paltrow's 4yr old Apple and her David (who must be 2 now) in a green P and T in the Hamptons so derigeur !

SoupKitchen Wed 23-Jul-08 09:33:18

Get ridof the others and It will not be a waste, It is great for when a walking child gets tired and is easily pushed with a single hand, allowing you to hold the hand of a walking child. I now just use mine as a single.

belgo Wed 23-Jul-08 09:36:14

I also have children the same age as yours, and am expecting my third in October. I've just bought a p&t sport, and we've already used it loads. I've bought it because I walk everywhere and need something that can cope with cobblestones, and because my previous pushchair and pram were second hand and now broken. I don't get on with buggy boards, they hurt my back leaning over them. It's a real luxery to finally have a decent pram!

I'm hoping it will have a good resale value in a few years time.

Flum Wed 23-Jul-08 09:36:22

I do walk everywhere. All the others were bought in sales and second hand so not really ever spent much on buggy before, most spent before was £160 on Mamas n Papas pram for PFB.

Having said that I love my Maclaren Techno and it has held up well for 4 years, use it daily. Thye four yr old stands on the basket at the back when she is tired.

The Jane I keep in boot of car if need a buggy when I go somewhere by car.

Am expectign the Phil n Teds to replace the Maclaren.

Have ordered it from Urchins, coudl still cancel I guess...

belgo Wed 23-Jul-08 09:38:05

Flum - my arguement is that most of my friends have got two cars in their families - we don't own a car so I walk everywhere, and a decent pram is far cheaper then running a car!

Flum Wed 23-Jul-08 09:39:57

Belgo, like yr msg. My thinking too. Everything was bargain for my first two but we are bit better off now and feel like am going to have a bit of luxury with this last baby.

Will have lots time to try it out before babe born and decide which old ones to get shot of.... am oddly emotionally attached to them though!

Flum Wed 23-Jul-08 09:40:52

I do have a car, but only really use it to go to work. We live in centre of a small town so I do walk everywhere.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 23-Jul-08 09:42:39

I'm serioulsy considering one for when my DC3 arrives on November as DD will only be 17 months.

I'm trying to justify the extra £150 for a vibe, but my common sense tells me the sport will do just fine.

Although the brake is a bit tricky from what I've seen.

belgo Wed 23-Jul-08 09:43:46

The brake is easy to put on, but hard to pull up - I often have to use my hand. But that doesn't bother me.

belgo Wed 23-Jul-08 09:46:11

My only regret is that we didn't buy it two years ago, but I'd never seen them before last year. It's taken ages to find a shop in Belgium that sells them.

4andnotout Wed 23-Jul-08 09:50:04

Ahh im so envy i need one for dd4 due in october when dd3 will only be 13 months, dp is baulking at the price tho

Flum Wed 23-Jul-08 09:56:05

I figure if it is still ok, I can sell it on Ebay. Never sold on Ebay, but how hard can it be right!

I do see them for sale on Ebay for £250.

Urchin have the buggy at £285, the doubles kit at £55, and the doubles rain cover £19

I think that is cheaper even than kiddicare.

so I guess it could only cost you net £100-200 ??? sort of.

NEVER HEARD OF THE VIBE, SO LETS NOT EVEN GO THERE!!!

LackaDAISYcal Wed 23-Jul-08 10:55:49

flum, the vibe is the lighter, more streamlined big brother of the sport. You can fold it with the doubles kit on, it had a handlebar brake, and the webbing etc is a bit more padded and substantial.....oh and the toddler seat reclines as well.

click at your own peril wink

Mumsnut Wed 23-Jul-08 11:02:24

I have the P&T double though my ds is too big to need a buggy (dd 15m). However, the bottom seat is fantastic for shopping, sports bags, swimming kit, etc, so i couldn't resist getting it.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 23-Jul-08 11:04:24

lol mumsnut, I hardly ever see toddlers in the seat, usually piles of bags etc smile

Washersaurus Wed 23-Jul-08 11:16:40

I love my Sport! Couldn't live without it as I walk everywhere. Not sure I would be keen on having to keep taking it apart to put in the car anyway though!

Flum Wed 23-Jul-08 11:23:51

Mmmm looked at the Vibe...of course!

So its £150 more mmm

Mine won't need folding up that often as will use it for in and out of house and prob put old Maclaren twin traveller in back of car for emergencies.

Used to rubbish brakes on Maclaren so that ok.

It does look a bit more stylish I guess.

Phil n Teds v. popular around here, I will really fit in. If you ain't got a Buggaboo or a PhilnTEds in Wiltshire, your done for.

Dh smirked amusingly as I went through the pros and cons last night. Then did say, god for you when I clicked the order button.

mine will be red!

2point4kids Wed 23-Jul-08 11:26:54

My DS1 was 2 yrs and 4 months when DS2 was born. (similar to your age gap I think) and I got a P&T sport.
It is BRILLIANT!!!!
So easy to convert between single and double as well so you will be using it for a long time I should think.

I take it out as a double wit DS1 walking and then he hops in when he gets tired or throws a wobbly.

Flum Wed 23-Jul-08 11:37:11

Yes 2.4, exactlythe same age gap! same age gap as between my DDs, 2yrs 4 months is my ideal!

bethoo Wed 23-Jul-08 11:40:05

well i like eihter the Dash or the Vibe and hopefully if i get maternity grant i will be splashing out on one. dd due on oct and ds will be 20months.

LackaDAISYcal Wed 23-Jul-08 11:41:42

Is the dash available in UK yet Bethoo. It's on bambino direct's website, but there is no price or option to put it in your basket.

Flum Wed 23-Jul-08 11:45:31

So come on then, what does the DAsh have that the Vibe doesn't and what does the Vibe hae the Sprot doesn't etc etc etc

i looked at the website and was blinded by technical specifications, it was like buying a computer.

pgwithnumber3 Wed 23-Jul-08 11:46:43

Does anyone know if you can fit a Maxi Cosi on the Vibe or the Sport? I am getting one of these Flum, as you say, you walk everywhere (I do a lot of walking as live near a town) so you need something substantial.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now