Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bugaboo Bee

(7 Posts)
Kimla Tue 22-Jul-08 21:53:28

Hi, does anyone know if you can use footmuffs etc other than the bugaboo ones on the bugaboo bee? I really want to get the bugaboo but the accessories seem to be much more expensive than other ones

Thanks smile

Sal22 Tue 22-Jul-08 22:14:28

Hi. I haven't bought any Bugaboo accessories, but I did buy a (unbranded) sheep skin pram liner to use instead of the newborn nest thing (breathes better in all weather, yet soft and cosy when they're tiny). I don't know about the footmuff though, as I've decided to wait until winter for that. Friends complained about the parasol restricting views, so if you consider buying that, it might be an idea to try it out in store first.

Kimla Wed 23-Jul-08 14:21:56

Thanks, that's really helpful. Yes, the parasol does look a bit annoying, I'm going to go to mothercare to see if their universal babyshade thing fits onto it instead.

Have you tried getting on and off buses with the Bee? It's pretty small isn't it?

Sal22 Wed 23-Jul-08 15:02:57

I haven't tried buses, but it works brilliantly on trains - very easy to lift the front wheels and steers great.

However, my first one's frame fell apart... Bugaboo was great in exchanging it (I couldn't be bothered with Mothercare, but for all I know they might have been fine doing it too). Turned out they didn't include two of the really important screws, so everything pulled apart, breaking something. I was walking in the street, noticed it looked a bit lopsided, and by the time I got home, I had to carry ds as the bits supporting his legs have slipped down! However, the replacement is fine (and thoroughly inspected by DH) and I'm over my shock now. I still think that, for the price, they should ensure it's sturdier than that (it was 2 months old when it broke!), but on the other hand, I haven't heard this happening to anyone else, so maybe I just had bad luck.

For what it's worth, if I had to choose another pram for city use, I'd pick that one again.

Kimla Wed 23-Jul-08 17:52:25

OK, that must have been a bit of a shock! So it's best not to buy a second hand one then, just incase something goes wrong.

Just trying to decide between that and a Maclaren xlr. Do you think it's important to have the baby facing you in the beginning?

Sal22 Wed 23-Jul-08 18:12:31

Well, for me that was the deciding factor - it also came down to a choice between the Bee and the Maclaren xlr.

Negatives: I am not convinced the Bee will last them forever, because, as you said, it's tiny. But at the same time, that makes it so easy to travel with. / More expensive

I would prefer to look at my baby the first couple of months, but you could get past that if you're using a sling in combination with your forward facing pram - so pop baby in sling every now and again.

Good luck with your decision. It took me so long to decide that my baby was already born before we actually bought it!

Kimla Thu 24-Jul-08 17:16:39

Thank you. I just keep changing my mind all the time! I think it might be the Maclaren as that will fold up better for hanging up in our small flat. Thanks, you've been really helpful

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now