Talk

Advanced search

Cars for 3 kids

(6 Posts)
terribletwosome Tue 22-Jul-08 16:35:12

We are expecting a new baby in 6 weeks so have left this a bit late. Need a car that will fit a baby, a 2 year old and a 4 year old all in car seats - preferably all along the back seat. Could also do with large boot for weekends away and all general kids paraphanalia......any suggestions, recommendations, warnings gratefully recieved....

Nemoandthefishes Tue 22-Jul-08 16:36:47

we have a zafira and a 4.9yrold,2.7yrs and 18mth old. Great aswe also have option of extra seats if need be in the boot and boot is large enough for us to be able to pack loads in including phil and teds

maidamess Tue 22-Jul-08 16:37:10

We have a 7 seater Vauxhall Zafira and altho the boot isn't big when you have the 2 boot seats up , if you have 2 in the back and 1 in the boot its not too bad. Our model doesn't have bucket seats in the back however, which would make 3 carseats in a row easier.

glasgowgal Tue 22-Jul-08 16:37:42

Citroen Picasso fulfils all that criteria. Boot is massive and 3 separate adult sized seats in back. There was another thread on here about this recently which may have more ideas.

terribletwosome Tue 22-Jul-08 16:46:21

Thanks - I am going to have a look at these.
My husband is keen on a Discovery but I am concerned it is going to be too big to drive around - what does anyone think about that? Other suggestions still very welcome!

threetinytots Fri 25-Jul-08 21:26:38

I may be a little late, but just thought I'd add my experience! Discovery is BIG, ok if you only do very rural driving - not good for general urban stuff. I wouldn't like to use one as an every day car. We had a Zafira and really found it a bit of a faff and a squash getting all the kids in their car seats. The boot seats are only good for children/small adults and are difficult to fit a car seat on. Also boot space isn't big compared to a normal estate. Now have a Peugeot 307 SW which is fab. 3 seperate seats in back, loads of boot space, can't recommend highly enough. Cheap to run too. Hope that was helpful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now