Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm sooooooooooooo happy.

(11 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Mon 07-Feb-05 17:31:46

Well, as most of you will know, I am trying to lose weight and so far I've lost 15lbs with another 9stone to go.

Well, I have started doing things to try and build up my confidence for instance, I've bought some 8 hour cream to improve my skin (which it has), wearing better fitting clothes instead of big baggy shirts etc.

Well, today, I got contact lenses. I had to wait a while as they had to be specially made as I have something wrong with my left eye. But, they are really worth the wait and i feel soooooooooooooooooooo much better.

Silly I know, but dh says the grin on my face says it all and is worth it.

onlineid Mon 07-Feb-05 17:32:50

Message withdrawn

lockets Mon 07-Feb-05 17:32:52

Message withdrawn

beansprout Mon 07-Feb-05 17:33:41

That's great Bubbles. A wise friend of mine always tells me "if you want self-esteem, do esteemable things". I'm glad you are feeling good!!

BubblesDeVere Mon 07-Feb-05 17:35:56

Hiya lockets, I've been around, been a bit ropey for a couple of days with a head cold.

(That is if you were asking about me or onlineid {blush})

I think they are going to take a bit of getting used to but they will be worth it.

aloha Mon 07-Feb-05 17:36:50

Congratulations! You've lost over a stone, which is fantastic. You aren't silly a bit. I bet you already look and feel really different. You should be very proud of yourself.

BubblesDeVere Mon 07-Feb-05 17:39:48

AND i've also bought some of that Loreal micro dermabrasion thingy today to try and give my skin a bit of a boost.

lockets Mon 07-Feb-05 17:40:15

Message withdrawn

BubblesDeVere Mon 07-Feb-05 17:50:54

It certainly does lockets, I keep going to push them up on the bridge of my nose. I went to get dh a sandwich on the way home and it was great to walk in and not have to take my glasses off because they had steamed up.

I'm going to have to take them out shortly as I've to gradually build up the time I wear them. Must remember not to fall asleep with them in otherwise they will stick to my eyes

Cadbury Mon 07-Feb-05 17:59:09

Well done Bubbles, that's brilliant. You are an inspiration !
I've got to the stone lost mark and can't get any further (6 more to go).

You treat yourself all you want, you deserve it. You'd better start thinking of a more suitable name before long

BubblesDeVere Mon 07-Feb-05 18:01:11

When I lose more weight I'll change from BubblesDeVere to BubblesDeVixen I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now