Talk

Advanced search

Storage for CDs - what can you clever people suggest?

(4 Posts)
Klio Tue 22-Jul-08 10:33:44

Here is the dilemma: we have recently moved and have in the region of 2000 cds that need a home. The alcoves in each room have been shelved from about 1.5m high but are full of books so no space for cds there. Ideally I'm thinking of having some kind of cabinet in alcove below shelves that would hold cds. The alcove is 1.35m wide, cabinet can stand up to 1.1m tall and about 0.5m deep (that measurement is fairly flexible). Ideally a dark coloured wood, at moment there is a mixture of wood in room, pine and oak. Don't have a massive amount to spend but want something decent and that would hold cds, either in drawers or cupboards

Any ideas?

NoNickname Tue 22-Jul-08 10:35:37

Get an MP3 player and burn them all to your PC's hard disk. Then eBay them all! (Sorry, probably not the response you wanted, but this is what I have recently done and it's cleared so much space in the house).

cardy Tue 22-Jul-08 10:38:43

was just going to suggest what NoNickname said.

Klio Tue 22-Jul-08 10:41:49

We have already done that wink but trying to get dh to part with his treasured originals is like trying to get blood out of a stone! And we can't have them in the loft either, they have to be accessible so he tells me!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now