Talk

Advanced search

Sling experts - is the ellaroo wrap good with newborns or too faffy?

(4 Posts)
bohemianbint Mon 21-Jul-08 19:11:55

I bought one when DS was about 9 months old, and I've never got too much use out of it to be honest, and we ended up buying an ergo as well which got more used. I dunno if it's because he wasn't a slingy sort of baby (he likes to be on the go all the time) or what, but I'm expecting DC2 in about 4 weeks and will be using a sling a lot as we haven't bought a double buggy.

So, would I be best off using my baby bjorn or ergo at the beginning, or would ellaroo fans recommend using it from birth? I did find it quite faffy to begin with but once I cracked it I quite liked it. Is it good for breastfeeding in? Will the baby be happy in it posture-wise?

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Mon 21-Jul-08 20:37:10

A wrap is perfect for a newborn and far better for posture than a baby bjorn. Babies tend to 'hang' by the crotch in a baby bjorn whereas in a wrap once its adjusted babies should sit in a 'froggy' position which is natural to them and doesnt put any strain on their crotch or spine. I would go for the ellaroo or any other wrap you feel comfy with.

kiskidee Mon 21-Jul-08 22:01:05

Ellaroo is excellent for a NB. if you use the front wrap cross carry. you can bf in it from the fwcc after adjusting it a bit. This link gives you an idea of how to do that.

bohemianbint Tue 22-Jul-08 13:27:18

Oh good good- I really love the ellaroo because it's so pretty but I got all seduced by how incredibly easy it is to put the bjorn on. Will get practicing - thanks for the link kiskidee. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now