Talk

Advanced search

Leander cradle, moffi nest or amby nest or others please?

(9 Posts)
mrsleroyjethrogibbs Mon 21-Jul-08 15:55:28

can anyone with a leander cradle tell me how they found them? I am torn between this and the moffi and the amby. what is everyones experiences of theM?
thanks

Yorky Mon 21-Jul-08 17:44:09

Have to say I haven't heard of the first two, but DS and I loved the Amby

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Mon 21-Jul-08 18:07:27

tell me more about the amby Yorky

Yorky Mon 21-Jul-08 20:21:51

Does what it says on the tin, bounces baby gently to sleep, they sleep slightly curved not on a still flat mattress. Easier to pack for holidays than a travel cot, and smaller/lighter with the advantage of baby sleeping in their own bed not a strange one. DS slept well from pretty early, can't remember exact age

Qally Mon 21-Jul-08 22:55:48

The Amby is really safe. I always worry about cradles you can hang from a hook without a frame, tbh, because it just sounds potentially nightmarish if for some reason the hang fails. The Amby looks fugly as sin IMO, almost surgical, the Leander is definitely far prettier, but the Amby seems a lot better for the baby in general/the parents avoiding sleep deprivation. I'm so tight I'm using an Asda washing up bowl instead of a baby bath and postponing a cot at all for 6 months, and all my baby clothes 2nd hand... but an Amby was top of my list of essentials, after a decent buggy (and we don't have a car, so that really is essential). It even cuts the risk of cot death as the angle means babies are very unlikely to lie any way but on their back, gentle curve helps combat colic and flat-head, enclosed feel and bounce reassures and soothes a newborn. Greatness. (I'm half Australian - everyone I know, and all the hospitals I've heard about, use them there for newborns, as apparently do Dutch SCBU. Hospitals don't tend to respond to fads in cradle choices, you know? They're amazing gadgets.)

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Tue 22-Jul-08 07:18:11

Thanks for that qually,
Now as your are part austrailian, have you seen the natures sway ones? I was wondering if you had heard anything about those. they look fabby but we cant get them in the uk boo hiss

WelliesAndPyjamas Tue 22-Jul-08 07:47:13

how long can you use these types of beds for? until baby can sit up/move around? or longer?

love the concept

mrsleroyjethrogibbs Tue 22-Jul-08 11:07:43

I think they are good for up to about 9 months or so. However I believe you can buy a stronger spring and a harness so it can be used as a bouncer too

salkini Thu 14-Aug-08 19:35:47

The Natures Sway will deliver to the UK and it works out cheaper than those for sale here. The Moffi Oberon Cradle is my favourite but they seem to have sold out everywhere - i think its the stand that does it for me.
I really want the Natures Sway one in Green - has anyone got one yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now