Talk

Advanced search

How do you keep your kitchen sparkling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(16 Posts)
PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 07-Feb-05 11:43:43

Following on from my interesting thread about the pitfalls of a stainless steel kitchen, what cleaning products do you use? I have a cupboard full of useless stuff - anything which says it's specifically for cleaning stainless steel is cr*p.

Is vinegar the answer, if so, is it white vinegar?

I'm not a mad cleaning woman, but like things to look reasonable for minimum effort!

PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 07-Feb-05 11:44:28

ps - no rows on here .

TracyK Mon 07-Feb-05 11:44:48

e cloth mostly - but do love the smell of lemon cif occassionally

Laylasmum Mon 07-Feb-05 11:45:53

i keep my stainless steel shiny with a bit of olive oil. i normally clean it all doen with soap and water , towel dry it then put some oil on with kitchen roll. you only need a tiny amount and it keeps it all smooth and shiny!1

fuzzywuzzy Mon 07-Feb-05 11:46:00

eat out a lot.

stitch Mon 07-Feb-05 11:46:13

my friends mom says baby oil works wonders for stainless steel.
my other friend uses flash all purpose.
hth

Lonelymum Mon 07-Feb-05 11:46:17

I don't is the basic answer, and now that I am about to put my house on the market, I don't know how to start on the years of grease on the tiles around the hob.

fuzzywuzzy Mon 07-Feb-05 11:48:06

I also use mr muscle kitchen grease remover thingy, but I still find avoiding using the kitchen works best.

Titania Mon 07-Feb-05 11:49:37

bit of bicaronate of soda on a cloth, wipe off then use a dry cloth to buff. Works for me. Does the sink nice as well.

Titania Mon 07-Feb-05 11:49:57

on a damp cloth i meant to put. sorry

dawnybabs26 Mon 07-Feb-05 11:51:34

Tell my DP to stay out of it!

PinkWebby Mon 07-Feb-05 11:52:31

I use a stainless steel cleaner I found in Fenwicks/John Lewis (Kitchen department0 it is a bit like a cream only £2.99 but it is great, the other thing I use is baby oil, it works really well, and on my side boards I use a window cleaner as they are black and show all the wipe marks otherwise. I am not mad but like a clean kitchen.

Ameriscot2005 Mon 07-Feb-05 11:59:48

I have an au pair

Seriously, I just make up a spray bottle with Flash and use that on everything. My floor gets Power-Mopped at least daily.

crunchie Mon 07-Feb-05 12:25:17

Kitchen Power spray. Best thing I have ever found works on granite worktops and stainless steel.

PuffTheMagicDragon Mon 07-Feb-05 18:12:51

Thanks for all these - I've dug out my e cloth and its good! I think last time it was used, my aunt was cleaning stuff with it and she probably added something which made everything smear!

I also like the baby oil tip.

TracyK Mon 07-Feb-05 19:31:27

i also got an ecloth type thingy on a mop stick - it goes completely flat on the floor and so can get right to the back of the couch and catch all the balls of dog fluff!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now