Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Educational software or site name??

(9 Posts)
BosworthBear Mon 07-Feb-05 10:10:08

Hi Can anyone recommend any educational software/games or internet sites aimed at 3.5yrs +?
I have looked at the CBBies one this weekend but I wondered if there were others we could use.
Thanks

Casmie Mon 07-Feb-05 13:54:47

CBeebies is FANTASTIC .... love it and we spend most of our time there. The others that ds1 likes is the Jump Ahead Preschool Learning - he'll quite happily play that by himself and is really getting very skilled with the mouse & keyboard.

Had a very proud mummy moment the other day when I realised he could type his own name

roisin Mon 07-Feb-05 14:10:54

BosworthBear - Webland is great It's an interactive thing, you get a basic package, and then new activities each month. My boys both loved it, and I know other people on here have enjoyed it too.

It costs £4.95 a month I think, but you can get a free trial if you click on that link.

roisin Mon 07-Feb-05 18:23:52

I've just realised Webland is on the mumsnet discount list. I'm not sure what discount you'll get, but I'm sure it will be good for mumsnet at least if you click through on their link, rather than mine!

you need to scroll down the page a bit

Katherine Mon 07-Feb-05 18:38:28

there is a site called \link{http://www.brainworks.com/www.brainworks.com} - never bought from it but the titles look good.

Katherine Mon 07-Feb-05 18:40:16

oops typing with one hand. it shopuld be .co.uk anyway

www.brainworks.co.uk/

bea Mon 07-Feb-05 19:14:51

\link{http://www2.sherston.com/SherstonHome/index.html \sherston }are a good software company, lots of schools use them, i'm ICT co-ordinator at school that's why i know them... good clear instructions with english accent and fun games....

bea Mon 07-Feb-05 19:15:53

oops link didn't work
here...

sherston

mammya Mon 07-Feb-05 19:38:32

We like UpToTen , it's got lots of games in different languages for children of all ages up to, yes you've guessed it I'm sure, 10 years old.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now