Talk

Advanced search

childs bike trailers....your advice please.

(8 Posts)
nobodysfool Sun 20-Jul-08 14:51:48

I bought a trailer for my ds to ride in but his seat doesn't seem very good.
It is made out of the same canvas material the trailer is made out of and is held taught by straps.
Seems fine in principle but after we have been out and i help him out the seat it is always squashed up and i wonder what on earth his little bum has been resting on for the last hour!
The straps are as tight as they can go.
I'm looking for another design trailer that has a rigid seat that wont squash up.
All of the seats i have seen on ebay are the same design(i think) any ideas on which model to go for?

nobodysfool Sun 20-Jul-08 20:25:26

bumping

TheRedQueen Sun 20-Jul-08 20:52:33

Hello there,

I have a Burley Cub (google it!). The bottom is basically a plastic shell. We have a double (which you can strap for just one or for two children), but there is now a single available too.

I would highly recommend it. The quality is excellent and here where we live (Germany), it always does extremely well in all aspects (quality, durability, safety, value for money, etc.) of consumer tests.

nobodysfool Sun 20-Jul-08 20:55:22

Thanks theredqueen-off to google.

nobodysfool Sun 20-Jul-08 20:57:32

That is lovely-too much money for me though.
Will keep a lookout on ebay.
Ta.

TheRedQueen Sun 20-Jul-08 21:31:43

Good luck. Unfortunately, bike trailers seem to be very expensive all round. I only managed to justify mine by the fact that I didn't have a car and it was our only form of wheeled transport!

Would strapping a car booster seat (or similar) into your current trailer perhaps help solve the problem with it? That might help keep little one stay in place better (and also give him/her a bit of protection from the canvas in case it gets wet).

nobodysfool Sun 20-Jul-08 21:48:56

www.instep.net/Product/Bicycle_Trailers/Detail/168_Quick_N_EZ_Bicycle_Trailer_12-QE111/

we have this one.
May try a booster seat-thanks for the idea.

amazonianwoman Sun 20-Jul-08 22:25:22

Another vote for Burley, we have the D'Lite version. DS 16mths and DD just 4yrs both comfy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now