Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Obitrek Elite.............Eco Wash Balls.............. Paint Runner

(19 Posts)
xserialshopper Sat 19-Jul-08 17:28:47

I really want them. I want to lose 1.5 stones and the Obitrek Elite looks like it would make it a lot easier. Am I living in fantasy land?grin

Has anyone used the eco wash balls? Is it better than soap powder. Could you recommend the ones you use?

And fnally...... I'm drooling over a Paint Runner of all thingsgrin Any one got one?

I also want laser eye surgery, a breast reduction (tired of being a 34g) and liposuction (but I wont go there this timegrin)

xserialshopper Sat 19-Jul-08 17:45:57

grin

xserialshopper Sat 19-Jul-08 17:55:52

bump again

sazm Sun 20-Jul-08 10:09:17

lol, had to comment this made me laugh lol, dont have any of those things im afraid,
but have bought 2 other things from the shopping channel and they were nothing like it shows you on the advert lol,

xserialshopper Sun 20-Jul-08 10:20:09

What did you buy sazm? Were you disappointed or were they ok?

mustsleep Sun 20-Jul-08 10:21:24

agree with sazm we bought that no wet wonder foam carpet cleaner stuff from the shopping channel and it was shite

i have also bought something else though the billy banks work out dvds which do work (i could hardlymove the day after) but then they are actually exercise dvds so you can;t go far wrong wink

xserialshopper Sun 20-Jul-08 15:00:49

Thanks mustsleep. I also bought the no ww foam carpet cleaner and it was rubbish, an absolute waste of money I agreegrin Hence why I am asking about the Orbitrek Cross Trainer before purchasing it (plus the wash balls and paint runner).

xserialshopper Sun 20-Jul-08 18:59:57

grin

singyswife Sun 20-Jul-08 19:03:35

I want the wash balls too. I think there are people on here who have had them so I will watch this thread. p.s lol at your 'wishlist'

singyswife Sun 20-Jul-08 19:13:08

I took this quote from a post that was made in Spetember regarding the eco balls.

I have been using the Eco Wash Balls for two months now. So far I have done 79 washes (I am keeping note as they say the balls are good up to approximately 150 washes). My machine is 5kg so all three balls go in except when it is a single load. I haven't refilled yet. They work very well on the coloured clothes, but when I put a white load on I tend to put a cup of Washing Soda in or Napisan which worked brilliantly on nappies. When it comes to the rinse I simply put the machine on its final spin which reduces the time of the wash.

I have to say I am very pleased with them but would buy them the next time off EBAY as they are much cheaper. It's great not having to go and buy washing powder and detergent

xserialshopper Sun 20-Jul-08 19:31:51

Wow - thanks for that singyswife. I'll see if I dig up that old thread and see which wash balls she usedgrin Are you going to get some? <<......makes a not to self to chech out ebay as well>>>

youngbutnotdumb Sun 20-Jul-08 19:41:17

I have a paint runner and is great!

Painted my entire livingroom in just a few hours and didn't even have to cover anything no marks anywhere! Only problem is that you have to lean quite hard on the roller and it does leave some uneven patches when paint starts to run out but nothing major just not quite as good as made out on TV! But overall loving them!

girlandboy Sun 20-Jul-08 19:43:36

I got the wash ball thing from Lakeland - very good! Also got another one from ebay - also very good!

Don't know what to say about the laser eye surgery. I know 2 people who have had it done. One very successful - the other...........well, shall we say that he now sees "halo's" around everything and his vision isn't improved at all, so all in all it's worse for him. Put me right off.

What's a Paint Runner??

sazm Sun 20-Jul-08 20:01:05

i bought a washmatik (off ebay as MUCH cheaper than off the shopping channel) and it was RUBBISH, nothing at all like the advert shows you,
i also bought a lateral thigh trainer, which im sure is good if you use it all the time,but you need to be a hell of a lot fitter than me to do it like they show you on tele lol,

xserialshopper Sun 20-Jul-08 20:33:50

Thanks girlandboy and sazm (the lateral thigh trainer comment made me laugh - it looks so easy on tvgrin)

Girlandboy WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? WHAT'S A PAINT RUNNER?!!!! <<takes deep breaths and starts to calm down>>> Girl, you need to got your shopping tv channels fixgrin Ok <<deep breaths>> a Paint Runner is a paint roller where you put the paint inside the roller and just start painting. No dripping, no mess and no fuss!!!! Simple. I'm going to get one.

Also I want a Wizzit (sp?) (the thingy that takes the hair of your body just by rubbing)

I thing you all can tell that my 'WANT LIST' is quite longgrin

Can anyone recommend their Elliptical Cross Trainer? One that doen't cost the earth.

I'm going to get my 'wash balls' off ebaygrin

4andnotout Sun 20-Jul-08 20:37:21

My mum has the cross trainer, she uses it to hang her dressing gown on wink

xserialshopper Sun 20-Jul-08 20:38:02

grin

thingamajig Sun 20-Jul-08 20:43:26

Hi xss, I would say get laser eye surgery and then do real exercise outside without your glasses jigging up and down. grin I had it two years ago with Optimax and its great.
DH got himself a paint pod from dulux from B and Q - it is a bit of a gadget but it pleases him and makes him much keener to do painting. However I dont really think its worth it if your only doing one room - the actual rollering bit doesnt take that long anyway, and you still have to do skirting boards etc by hand.

xserialshopper Sun 20-Jul-08 21:13:27

Thanks Thingamajig. I desperately want laser eye treatment but my hubby isn't convinced. Plus, this is something I want to do after we have our next child (whenever that will be - like in - how long is a piece of string way) I've even got a leaflet with me right now from Ultralase offering 3 years interest free credit with the first payment Feb 2009 and a free consultationgrin (and NO I don't work for themgrin)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now