Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bickiepegs...has anyone used them?

(15 Posts)
Chickyboo Sun 06-Feb-05 19:43:51

I bought some Bickiepegs, out of curiosity really, not sure when to use or how any advice.

Frizbe Sun 06-Feb-05 19:44:58

they're just for general knashing on aren't they, when they get all dribbly with the old teething....we found the cow n gate vanilla flavour bics went down better....

Mum2girls Sun 06-Feb-05 19:46:24

Used Bickiepegs with DD1 - she never seemed overly keen - would suck them a bit till they went soggy...left DD2 to sucking her fingers.

Hulababy Sun 06-Feb-05 19:46:39

They are for gnawing on when teething. They are rock hard and impossible to bite apart. I think frozen fruit can work better though - the cold helps numb the pain more IME.

marthamoo Sun 06-Feb-05 19:48:42

I bought them for ds1, mainly becuase my Mum said I had had them as a child. Ds1 never seemed very keen - and I didnt like the "dog biscuit on a soggy ribbon" look overmuch.

You do have to put them on a ribbon, btw - they're a choking hazard otherwise.

starlover Sun 06-Feb-05 22:06:09

they do get kind of skanky after a bit of chewing!
they get covered in fluff, and baby gets covered in wet biscuit!
my mum used to give us sticks of carrot that had been in the fridge

Carla Sun 06-Feb-05 22:08:17

I gave them a whirl when dds were young. I thought they were (a) incredibly unhygienic and (b) totally tasteless. Didn't go down a bomb with my two, anyway.

essbee Sun 06-Feb-05 22:09:15

Message withdrawn

oatcake Sun 06-Feb-05 22:10:28

Chickyboo, yeah, bought out of curiosity, but now wonder why I wasted my money, as, what has already been said, carrots and C&G biscuits go down better!

Frizbe Sun 06-Feb-05 22:11:15

Message withdrawn

moondog Sun 06-Feb-05 22:11:20

I was thinking of these yesterday! Had them for dd and was thinking about them for ds. They're sweet and old fashioned. Where do you get them from anyway? I've forgotten

oatcake Sun 06-Feb-05 22:12:05

Boots.

stitch Sun 06-Feb-05 22:12:26

i thought they were ok, but i like the idea of frozen fruit much better. wish i had tried it.

Chickyboo Mon 07-Feb-05 16:13:00

I bought them in Boots.
DD doesn't seem that keen on them..don't have a freezer so frozen fruit out of question.

lulupop Mon 07-Feb-05 17:35:21

bought these for dd and she doesn't think much of them. can't see what all the fuss is about myself, either.

she likes a nice bit of "savoury coated" rice cake

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now