Talk

Advanced search

what do you think of grobag eggs?

(10 Posts)
MadameCheese Fri 18-Jul-08 21:58:19

I think mine reads hotter than the room is. I'm so worried about overheating my ds that his arms and legs were like ice this morning

luckylady74 Fri 18-Jul-08 22:02:14

I disagree with grobag temp suggestions - I always put a blanket on top of the grobag if I was worried and it was a cool night in the uk last night. You can tell if you're overheating them by sweaty hair and so on.

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 18-Jul-08 22:05:29

Just remember though, that room temps drop in the night so what maybe just right for him at say 11pm, won't be at 3am so that's probably what happened in this instance?

beeny Fri 18-Jul-08 22:07:59

what other clothes do you suggest 2 year old should wear at night with one tog quilt

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 18-Jul-08 22:10:13

My DS is two and he has a shortsleeved vest, a babygro. He's always hot when he goes to bed so I just put him to bed as he is, then when he's asleep, I cover him with one layer of a cellular blanket. Before I go to bed, I then switch to a 2.5 tog gro bag...seems to be working for him atm. I don't close his bedroom door completely though so he has some air circulating in.

Seona1973 Fri 18-Jul-08 22:11:40

it depends on the temperature of the room. DS is in pj's and a 2.5tog bag in a room starting at 20 degrees. The temperature will probably go down to about 18 degrees. At 1 tog I would probably do a vest plus pyjamas and see how they got on.

MadameCheese Fri 18-Jul-08 22:17:51

I think I'm overestimating how hot he will get poor thing, I feel awful now!

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 18-Jul-08 22:20:49

No no no! Don't feel awful! I still quake with shame at DS's very early days when I remember that I put him in the moses basket in just a vest with no blanket as I was following the temperature chart to the letter!!! In my defence, it was bloody hot summer when he was born and he was in the same room as DH and I with the thermometer reading 27 at 11pm at night and I was at the height of PFB'ness and stressed about SIDS...we are just trying our best after all aren't we?? smile

MadameCheese Fri 18-Jul-08 22:23:21

Thank you for that Puss

beeny Fri 18-Jul-08 22:29:50

Thanks for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now