Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Vinyl Flooring...how to clean please

(8 Posts)
charliecat Sun 06-Feb-05 18:44:45

Just put some of this in the kitchen and am not sure whether to mop it or what to do really....Help!

charliecat Sun 06-Feb-05 19:49:03

marthamoo Sun 06-Feb-05 19:53:37

Just mop it - you can't really go wrong with vinyl.

charliecat Sun 06-Feb-05 19:54:33

thought that was the obvious choice but just wondered just in case it was too obvious! Ta!

marthamoo Sun 06-Feb-05 19:59:20

We inherited vinyl flooring in our kitchen and I mop it, or if its really mucky, get down on hands and knees and do it with a cloth.

One thing I don't advise doing is scrubbing it with wet sandpaper to get paint off it. But then I think only a stupid, stupid man would do that and not realise it would wreck the surface. Still, if you are decorating your kitchen on a budget why not throw in a new floor as well? Men

charliecat Sun 06-Feb-05 20:04:53

LOL...er.....not so silly woman who did put the nice new vinyl down 2 hours after glossing the skirting boards used silver scrubby thing to get wee patches off fresh white gloss off of it....gently though...no harm done!!!!! women!!!!!!!!!!

Moomin Sun 06-Feb-05 20:05:53

where'd you get your flooring charliecat? been looking for some online for our utility room but can't seem to find any.

charliecat Sun 06-Feb-05 20:07:51

just down the road at the local carpet shop
free next day delivery...cheap as well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now