Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Recommendations for lightweight 2nd buggy

(14 Posts)
lulupop Sun 06-Feb-05 18:24:59

With DS I had a Maclaren Quest, which we had good use from and which I then left at grandparents' (where we go quite a lot) once he was more or less out of a buggy, with a view to DD using it. However, it is really knackered and now also covered in mildew, so it has to go.

I want to replace it with something lightweight but comfy, so don't want something really cheap, but equally don't want to spend another £70!

I would definitely buy 2nd hand on ebay or whatever, but can you recommend some specific models which I should consider?

Fran1 Sun 06-Feb-05 18:31:49

I have got the Maclaren Volo, purely cos its the lightest one i could find. It is great, can fold up with one hand, and can even carry it over the shoulder when folded, for times when dd is insisting on walking.

Two negatives - the breaks - i never use them cos they are so awkward you have to kick them to the side.
And its sooo light weight that one shopping bag makes it tip over if dd decides to hop out unexpectedly! I think you can buy weights for them but i have never got round to thinking about that! (and kind of defeats the point of lightweight buggy?????).

I think it cost me about £40, but then i spent another £30 on the accessories which are the seat cover (not essential) hood, and rain cover. But i have taken all the accessories off now, cos its so much easier to fold and carry without them on, so wasn't worth me buying them!

Hulababy Mon 07-Feb-05 13:51:12

I also have the Volo - bought because of it's low weight. Great for taking on holiday! We didn't buyt he accessory pack though as I felt £30 for it was a bit steep for what you got. Instead I bought Mothercare's cheapest rain cover, for the days it does rain instead.

It doesn't recline or anything, but DD finds in comfortable and has slept in in when younger.

milge Mon 07-Feb-05 13:52:13

Chicco Caddy from Argos or Toys R US - under £50 and you get a raincover, shopping basket, plus it reclines.

nutcracker Mon 07-Feb-05 13:57:10

I like the chicco one from toysrus......i really want to buy it but am trying to be very good.

What about looking on ebay for a maclaren triumph. They do recline but are still very lightweight.

madgirl Wed 16-Feb-05 21:23:45

does anyone else have any recommendations? ds2 is 7mths, and using ds1's pliko but i want sth more lightweight and less cumbersome, but sth sturdy to last him through until he's out of the buggy stage, so reclining. money not plentiful but i want sth i am not pi**ed off with in 6 months time!

lockets Wed 16-Feb-05 21:27:16

Message withdrawn

madgirl Wed 16-Feb-05 21:28:44

yes, really pleased i got my act together to come along lockets. what time are you meeting on fri - and same place? re buggies, what's the difference between techno and quest do you know?

pinkdiamond Wed 16-Feb-05 21:30:17

Message withdrawn

lockets Wed 16-Feb-05 21:31:49

Message withdrawn

hewlettsdaughter Wed 16-Feb-05 21:32:36

Graco Citisport? Got mine for £40 from Index a few months back (following mumsnet tip!)

misdee Wed 16-Feb-05 21:33:12

graco citisport, or triumph.

madgirl Wed 16-Feb-05 21:40:53

i really want umbrella folding so i can pop it in cupboard under the stairs, have looked at all the comparison charts on kiddicare and reckon i should spend some time looking at them in real life. thanks all. i bought a daytripper for ds1 and hate it, the recline mechanism is total rubbish.

Amy7 Mon 28-Feb-05 12:59:43

Does anyone know if the little Shield sprint stroller from Index.co.uk is any good?. Also does anyone know where you can get any of the small wonders pushchairs?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now