Talk

Advanced search

Hob to Oven Casserole pots

(14 Posts)
Hulababy Sun 06-Feb-05 16:52:13

Just seeking advice and links please

I am looking for a casserole pot that can be used on the hob and in a conventional oven.

I on't want to spend lots on it though - so particualrly interested in links to anywhere selling cheaper versions of them.

TIA

bea Sun 06-Feb-05 17:06:38

i would say le crueset... definitely the best... i know they aren;t the ceapest but they will last a lifetime!!!

sorry you've prob dismissed these already....
but thought i would reply anyway!!!!

Demented Sun 06-Feb-05 17:08:34

Le Chasseur do good Le Creuset style dishes. Some stainless steel stock type pots do well on the hob and in the oven too.

foxinsocks Sun 06-Feb-05 17:11:26

le creuset have outlet stores where they sell older colours and discontinued models for a cheaper price. My MIL got me one from there and we use it every week.

le creuset outlet info

Demented Sun 06-Feb-05 17:17:21

Chasseur , not Le Chasseur, not sure how the prices compare to Le Creuset, there is maybe not a huge difference.

Hulababy Sun 06-Feb-05 20:23:51

Thanks all.

IT's a present from DH's graandparents so think the Le Crueset are a bit too expensive really. Besides they are so heavy! I sus[ect all the ones that can be used on hob and oven are going to be though. We do have an outlet place closih though so may have a look.

kolakube Sun 06-Feb-05 20:32:21

Allders are going into liquidation and I think they sell Le Creuset. May be worth checking if any of theirs are discounted.

starlover Sun 06-Feb-05 22:04:27

I hate Le Creuset because they are SO heavy... the bigger casserole pots are awful to lift out of the oven when full.

JanH Sun 06-Feb-05 22:07:34

Amazon have good prices for le Creuset.

Hulababy Sun 06-Feb-05 22:10:38

starlover - tha is my amain issue with them. They are so heavy BEFORE you put anything in them!

However, the Amazon price is very good!

JanH Sun 06-Feb-05 22:10:40

This page has a few different ones.

starlover Sun 06-Feb-05 22:39:43

yeah, the lady i used to work for had them, and she had this MASSIVE one that she used to make shepherds pie in for her 6 kids... i used to break my back liffting it out of the oven!

CountessDracula Sun 06-Feb-05 23:15:13

Not a fan of le creuset either.

I have an amazing huge saute pan with detachable handle which goes in the oven. Made by some german company, cost about £60ish if you are interested I can go and find the make.

Demented Mon 07-Feb-05 13:53:38

CD, I think I may have seen those demonstrated at the Ideal Homes Exhibition, if you can remember the name I would be really interested to know as my ordinary pots and pans are fit for the bin and wanted to price up what it would be replace them with the ones they had at the Ideal Homes but of course I can't remember the name.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: