Talk

Advanced search

stokke xplory - does anyone think it looks silly?

(20 Posts)
wombleprincess Fri 18-Jul-08 09:36:41

am quite keen but husband thinks it looks ridiculous. anyone agree with him or have other opinions...

bogie Fri 18-Jul-08 09:37:29

I think it looks great

misdee Fri 18-Jul-08 09:38:26

it does look bizarre.

BUT!!

the baby sits up higher, more eye contact, more chances to chat, can be facing either way etc etc.

But it folds big.

cupsoftea Fri 18-Jul-08 09:38:43

Where do you put your bags?

2point4kids Fri 18-Jul-08 09:42:54

It definitely looks distinctive!
I like different looking products personally, but I know somebody who has one of these prams and she has old ladies in the street tutting at her 'ugly' pram and it quite upsets her.
Depends if you will be bothered by comments or not. (you will probably get admiring comments too!)
Practically for me I wouldnt have it as theres no shopping basket and its quite big to fold.

wontbepreggersagain Fri 18-Jul-08 09:50:45

never mind how it looks- if it suits your lifestyle, its a bloody good pram !! AND ANYWAY ITS NOT AS UGLY AS THOSE tAko (ooops) monstrosities!!

misdee Fri 18-Jul-08 09:53:05

the bag on the foot rest actually folds out quite far and is about the same bize as most pram baskets.

ninedragons Fri 18-Jul-08 10:38:52

I love mine. The baby is in a great position, it's easy to manoeuvre with one hand and very sturdy. I like that the baby is high and not at exhaust-pipe height.

Old ladies should shut their cake-holes and stop upsetting new mums.

CristinaTheAstonishing Fri 18-Jul-08 10:43:27

It does look like an office chair on wheels but all who have it seem very pleased with it. I think you get used to the design. I used to hate the look of it but a few years down the line i don't find it as odd. Perhaps your DH hasn't really paid any attention to buggies until now so is still in the shocked state.

WinkyWinkola Fri 18-Jul-08 10:52:04

It's very stylish, I think.

Plus the child is high up, away from exhaust fumes, eye contact with parent etc. It's a great buggy.

MrsBadger Fri 18-Jul-08 11:13:57

looks weird but works well

like driving a Smart car or a Multipla

DeeRiguer Fri 18-Jul-08 11:17:51

i like it but worry (irrationally i hope) that it will imbalance easily

saw thalidomide bloke pushing one the other day and couldnt imagine another pram that he could do that with so yes i heart them

wombleprincess Fri 18-Jul-08 11:33:27

ref husband, i think he is in shock... i sent him a picture of one of those swings which plays music and he said "where are the wheel" thinking it was buggy...

youngbutnotdumb Fri 18-Jul-08 11:38:10

Is up to you of course but personally have always thought it looked like one of the Boots basket/trolley things. Am oretty sure is based on it. Doesnt get very good reviews by WHICH?

ninedragons Fri 18-Jul-08 12:43:22

Absolutely no chance it will topple over - the wheels are quite far apart on the chassis and it's very stable.

theangelshavethephonebox Fri 18-Jul-08 12:47:24

I wanted one of these but dp thinks it's really ugly. Plus it wouldn't fit in my car so no chance!

Fimbo Fri 18-Jul-08 12:54:34

Apparently it is very good for people with back problems.

WinkyWinkola Fri 18-Jul-08 19:06:02

But don't be fooled by the promo literature showing a woman floating down some steps with it. It's a bugger to get up and down steps, just like any other buggy even if the wheels fold down to two.

I loved mine. I sold it though to get a Phil and Ted's after having my second child.

AllBuggiedOut Fri 18-Jul-08 23:30:15

I found it a hell of a lot easier up and down steps than other buggies - because you can do it standing upright. No need to bend over. Made getting in and out of my basement flat a lot easier smile

The bag is big. And because it's a bag not an open basket, keeps the stuff you put in it cleaner and dryer than a traditional under-the-buggy basket.

BlueDragonfly Fri 18-Jul-08 23:33:20

it does look like an office chair but one for ababies. I can see where they idea came from but its a very ugly trolley IMO. But then, i don't like the bugaboo (either of theM) either but they are miles better than the orbit (you will have to google, it crashes my puter!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now