Talk

Advanced search

Where to go for ear piercing? (but not claire's)

(16 Posts)
lexcat Thu 17-Jul-08 17:57:51

DD7 really wants her ear done, understands it hurts and she need to take care of them. Plus I won't let her wear anything but studs.
The last two weeks she has been in alot of pain because she put her neck out. She's also had a tough time trying to get it back in place. She been so brave that I promised I would look in to having her ears done when she's better. The neck back in place but still sore so will wait till the end of term (wednesday) but where do you go.
I had mine done twice in my teens a house of fraser but I know they don't do it now. Plus looking for some where they will do both ear at the same time.

cocolepew Thu 17-Jul-08 17:59:09

Why not Claires? Ours do the 2 ears together.

lilolilmanchester Thu 17-Jul-08 18:03:04

Where are you? A friend of ours had hers done at Kendals in Manchester and she rated it very highly. If you have a big local House of Fraser, they might do it?
I had my ears pierced by a dentist!!!

IHadABetterNameButYouStoleIt Thu 17-Jul-08 18:13:52

most hairdressers do it and despite what people think they are trained and qualified! my friend is a hairdresser. to work unsupervised in a salon you have to have passed level 3 and you get trained to do ear piercing in level 3!

phone around your local hairdressers. while training in college you get provided with a piercing gun/scissors etc so most salons will have more than one gun as each member of staff should have their own from when they trained! my dd got both of hers done at the same time in a salon

tattooist are meant to be better as they do it with a needle not a gun which is meant to leave less scarring should she decide to take them out! but most tattoo places around here wont even let under 18s in the shop let alone do any piercings on them.

lexcat Thu 17-Jul-08 21:44:25

Don't like the local claire's at all it's a tiny grotty looking shop and can't say much better things about the staff.
Will try the local hairdressers thanks for that.

mum2oandh Thu 17-Jul-08 21:47:39

Might not be the most popular reply, but would you consider taking her to a piercer? It will be done with a needle and will be so much less painful (and more accurate) than piercing with a gun, which is really quite barbaric.

lexcat Thu 17-Jul-08 22:03:37

Was hoping to take her to a piercing place's near by olny found two. One uses a gun and wouldn't go their(friend been their and walked out without a piercing).
The other place don't use a gun but very simular way of piercing.

Sidge Thu 17-Jul-08 22:09:20

I wouldn't touch Claire's with a bargepole.

I would use a reputable piercer, they are regulated and inspected and will have all the right equipment.

lexcat Fri 18-Jul-08 17:49:44

anyone been to blue banana

whoops Fri 18-Jul-08 17:52:21

What about a jewellers?
I had mine done at an independent one once

lexcat Sat 19-Jul-08 13:24:36

Thanks F Hinds seem to do it. Anyone been there feedback please

Bronze Sat 19-Jul-08 13:26:33

Somewhere that does it with a needle definitely. Most tattoo places do it too.

discojen Mon 13-Apr-09 00:35:14

Just some info - to be trained in ear piercing you only have to do a 2 day course (and pay around £40). I work in a college and most of the 16/17 beauty students are now "qualified" (not that I'd let them near me!)

glitterstar88 Mon 13-Apr-09 11:37:42

I had my 2nd ear piercing done at claires about 8 years ago, i still have trouble with them now. My 3rd was done at a local tattoist about 6 years ago, was only £5 with gold plated studs, i haven't had any problems this time round. If i ever decide that i want a forth set of holes i'll go straight back to the tattoist.

RayleighMum29 Mon 09-Jul-18 15:25:18

I go to Elan Medical Skin Clinic in Rayleigh. The piercing is done using sterile 9ct gold earrings and the Clinic room is spotless.

highinthesky Tue 14-Aug-18 09:08:35

I go to Elan Medical Skin Clinic in Rayleigh. The piercing is done using sterile 9ct gold earrings and the Clinic room is spotless.

Thanks for this posting, it's good to have a local recommendation. It's reassuring to know that it's regulated, and led by an experienced nurse. Ear piercing is a relatively simple procedure, but when it comes to our kids we always want the best!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »