Talk

Advanced search

What sling for carrying baby while cooking?

(8 Posts)
FeelingDeviant Thu 17-Jul-08 14:39:29

DD is a 13 month old greedy guts who gets hysterical when I prepare her food as she likes to watch. So far, I have combatted this by doing prep while she naps and just heating up with her in one hand. (which I think is a bit dangerous as she tries to grab everything).

Would love a back carry sling where she can see what I'm doing but not be able to grab any pots, knives, etc.
We have an ERGO, but she can't see over my shoulder when in back carry position.

I'm going to the Summer Sling Show and was thinking of getting a Mei Tai there. Would DD be able to see over my shoulder with this kind of sling. Also, DD is a VERY SMALL 13 month old (just over 7kg).
All thoughts welcome.

kiskidee Thu 17-Jul-08 14:46:33

there is a carry called a Tibetan back carry or a high back carry. It is perfect for nosy babies like my dd who also likes to see straight ahead/ over my shoulder.

The waist belt is fastened just below your boobs so they ride higher. search youtube for demonstrations.

lydiathetattooedlady Thu 17-Jul-08 18:18:29

sorry to jump on your thread but two questions...
1. where is the summer sling show id love to go!
2. where can you egt a tibetan back carrier one from? just looking on web and cant find any??!!

FeelingDeviant Thu 17-Jul-08 19:28:39

kiskidee thanks for the recommendation. will do a you tube search tonight and have a look.
lydiathetattooedlady - the summer slingshow is in London, here's the link

Yeni Thu 17-Jul-08 20:25:59

LTTL, the Tibetan carry is a type of carry you do with either a woven wrap or a mei tai. There are videos of how to do it on Youtube.

FD if you're going to attempt a Tibetan carry with a mei tai it is better to have one with XL straps apparently.

kiskidee Thu 17-Jul-08 21:07:58

Tibetan carry works fine for me with normal length straps. I suppose if you want to put a chest strap in or a lexi twist and you were a larger size longer straps are a good idea.

with a little baby, tied above the boobs i think this one is an awesome way to get the baby on your back.

you could easily do the same with tying just below your boobs rather than your waist.

FeelingDeviant Thu 17-Jul-08 21:17:22

Thank you sooooooo much for that Kiskidee It is brilliant.
Can't wait to get a Mei Tai

kiskidee Fri 18-Jul-08 09:07:29

Enjoy the Summer Sling Show. I wish wish wish I could go.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now