Talk

Advanced search

Anyone have a Mondeo? What infant carrier do you use?

(9 Posts)
Jojay Wed 16-Jul-08 19:50:37

We have a V reg Mondeo estate, and when DS was tiny we had a Graco infant carrier and base which fit in the car, but was too upright - his head kept flopping forward.

The seats on the Mondeo sloped backwards more than some other cars and I don't think this helped.

I want to get a new infant carrier for DS2 who is due in October - the car doesn't have Isofix.

I will get any carseat professionally fitted to the car, but it's not so easy to know if the baby will be comfortable or not.

If you have a Mondeo, what infant carrier works for you, and your LO?

Jojay Wed 16-Jul-08 20:42:33

Jojay Thu 17-Jul-08 21:05:27

Any mondeo drivers around tonight?

I've heard good things about the Graco Logico S, with base. Anyone have any views? It hasn't been reviewed in the 'reviews' section yet.

uberalice Thu 17-Jul-08 21:15:10

We have a Mondeo Estate too, but our DCs are a bit older so this information might not be so useful just now. We've got a Britax Renaissance for DS2 (20 months) which fits really well. Also a Britax Evolva 123 for DS1 (4) which isn't such a great fit. No matter how carefully we fit it, it never seems quite tight enough.

Jojay Fri 18-Jul-08 12:08:37

Thanks - will remember that for the future smile

DanJARMouse Fri 18-Jul-08 12:12:02

we used a graco with base. may have been the logico s actually?!

the base is pretty similar to the standard one.

We had no problems, but then we only got the car once DS was about 6mnths (now nearly 8mnths) so wasnt too worried about the head thing.

He is now in a forward facing reclining seat because he is sooooooo big! (9-12mnth clothes, 91st centile type boy!)

Jojay Fri 18-Jul-08 12:14:02

Yes, I think my ds was ok from about 3 momths in the old Graco one, it was the newborn stage that his head lolled about.

PussinJimmyChoos Fri 18-Jul-08 12:19:49

We have a Mondeo Saloon and used the graco with a base in the early months and now have a Britax First Class Si (not isofix)

However, am in the process of researching a rear facing car seat for up to four years old after seeing this:

www.rearfacing.co.uk

so you may want to check that out before you buy a new car seat

Jojay Fri 18-Jul-08 12:26:10

I'd seen that article abuot rear facing seats,and I agree it does seem crazy that they're not available here.

I've got a Britax First Class already - we bought it for Ds 'cos he was so uncomfortable in the infant carrier, but he still uses it now so we need something else for the new baby.

I really want a rear facing infant carrier that I can take out of the car with me, which obviously I can't do with the First Class.

Thanks for your comments smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now