Talk

Advanced search

Phil and Teds E3 questions

(23 Posts)
charlie01 Sat 05-Feb-05 12:37:46

Have had a look through previous threads and couldn't find the answers so thought I'd see if anyone could help!

Am thinking about getting an E3 but was just wondering if anyone has bought it from the USA and if so where from? Should I just get it from somewhere local to get the guarantee?

Also how useful are the accessories, do I need panniers and the footmuff/sleepingbag? DS is 13 months and we're trying for another so was going to definitely get the double but get the cocoon later.

Final worry, DS is quite big (99th centile on the charts, height and weight) and was just a bit worried about the width? Will he really fit in it til he's 4 (and if not will it matter?)

Hope somebody can help, I am so indecisive its untrue!

misdee Sat 05-Feb-05 12:58:45

dd2 is 40lb, above all centile charts for weight and height at 2.5yrs (almost). she sits in it pretty confortably and its really easy to push. i can see her being in it for at least another year size wise.

the only extras i got was the cocoon and the raincover.

charlie01 Sat 05-Feb-05 15:11:34

Thanks for the reply misdee, anyone tell me where to get it from now?!

charlie01 Sat 05-Feb-05 19:50:10

anyone?

misdee Sat 05-Feb-05 19:56:04

i looked into gettting from america i think (kiwikid.com maybe?) but decided it would be too much hassle to send it back if it was damaged in transit or anything. so got it from kiddicare as they had best deal at the time.

charlie01 Sat 05-Feb-05 20:07:01

Thanks again (are you the only e3 owner out there?!) I think I'm inclined to do the same, just wanted to check nobody knew of any scandalous deals! Have found the double for £300 so think I might order off the internet but the place is close enough that at least I can drive it back if I ever need to.

misdee Sat 05-Feb-05 20:07:48

lockets has one. think i'm the only one sitting i na on saturday night tho.

misdee Sat 05-Feb-05 20:08:37

the one on kiddicare is doubles kit and double storm cover for £309.

lockets Sat 05-Feb-05 20:11:08

Message withdrawn

nicm Sat 05-Feb-05 21:35:51

hi

i bought my kiwi explorer from rodney at kiwi-kid.com. he was really helpful and everthing i ordered arrived really quickly and in perfect condition. really well packed. i ordered the newborn doubles, bacpac, double and single raincover. double and single sun cover, 2 buggy bags and a travel bag. also got a free medical kit at the time. it was all for under £500 i think including delivery. this was about a yr and a half ago though. the exchange rate is brillant at the minute for america too.

hth.

jenkel Sat 05-Feb-05 21:54:34

Hi,

I bought my E3 from a shop in Marlborough so have no experience of getting it from overseas. My tall but skinny 2 1/2 year old fits in it fine and I think she will for some time yet, I dont think you will have a problem with the width, you can also swap them around, my 1 year old and 2 1/2 year old quite often swap seats.

Left a thread a couple of days ago about Phil & Teds Customer service, do a search and read it, its about the guarantee.

ChicPea Sat 05-Feb-05 22:42:12

I have the E3 which I bought from Practical Pushchairs which offer next day delivery. I only bought the toddler seat, single rain cover and double rain cover, oh and the cosy toes. DD & DS weigh 10kg each or thereabouts and they are very comfortable. Before I bought this pushchair (I had a few others which were all mistakes) I went with both children to Daisy & Tom on the Kings Road and they both got into the demo model and I wheeled them around the shop. I wasn't going to make another mistake again. I am very happy with my E3 and wish I known about the E3 when I was pregnant with DD.

geogteach Sun 06-Feb-05 19:27:58

I got mine from kiwikid too and the service was v quick. With the cocoon think about time of year baby will be born. DS2 was born in October and is already too big for it at 3.5 months. I think it was probably worth it for him but my other 2 were born April and June and don't think I would have got much use out of it for him. Also think about your age gap DS1 was 26 months when DD was born and he hasn't been in a buggy since then. However my next gap is much smaller and DD couldn't walk when DS2 was born hence my E3 ownership!

madmom Sun 06-Feb-05 20:29:44

Has anyone had experience of having to pay tax when purchasing pushchair from abroard?

bluebear Sun 06-Feb-05 20:44:05

I got my E3 from Kiwi-kid but dh was on business in the US so had it delivered to his hotel and brought it back with him - tax was payable at the airport (we rang somewhere IR? beforehand to get a code and a price for the tax)..have heard that others have had to pay tax at the post office when they have received the E3 shipped.

Agree with geogteach re: the cocoon - we used a cheap (mamas and papas) pram mattress in the newborn sling bit with a little blanket on top for our babe - the cocoon would be really hot for a summer baby and they grow out of it really quickly.

Ds is now a above average height 31/2 year old and fits fine.

I lurve my E3

piffle Sun 06-Feb-05 20:55:11

rodney at kiwi kid labels pushchairs as gift if you ask him!!!!!! so no tax!!!
I had a problem with a wheel valve, he sent me a whole new wheel free and I was not obliged to send the old one back...
nothing else will go wrong, they are such perfect prams!!!
the us exchange rate is a steal!!!

geogteach Mon 07-Feb-05 13:52:39

I got a tax bill!

charlie01 Mon 07-Feb-05 23:51:15

Thanks very much for all your thoughts, after a trial run in Daisy and Tom I decided to order from winstanleys pramworld which is just down the road, they said they would do next day delivery and it was pretty cheap. I am so excited I couldn't wait as it was out of stock at kiwi-kid!

ashall Mon 07-Mar-05 14:17:04

Hi -I'm looking to get an E3 - I have 13 mth and 3 mth old dd's. I have a question - looking at the pics it looks like my toddler would be bouncing of the kerbs ? How is it with walking ? Any advice?

shazia1 Fri 01-Apr-05 14:17:18

I bought phil teds from baybasics.com brilliant people they are,,,only problem with phil teds is i have reservations abt fact that when i have 6 month old in toddler seat at back with 2 yr old at front i think im scared ill hit her with a bag or something or if two toddlers are in it one at bak may start undoing the clips to allow front one to fall bak.....i am a bit unsure have just unpacked to look at it and now i feel confused and thinking whether i should go for the jane powertwin..............
also if baby wants to sleep the toddler seat can be afixed at front but means my tall child who is 2 has legs hanging off at fr0ont with no support and if baby wants to slighly sit up we have to unscrew whixch takes 5 mins and would be havoc in shops help anyone with phil teds.............

shazia1 Fri 01-Apr-05 14:17:45

i mean babybasics.co.uk

bluebear Fri 01-Apr-05 15:03:28

Shazia - I have had my E3 for a year now and have never hit the baby with a bag, or had either child undo the clip at the back of the main seat (although I did find the clip useful as a place to dangle toys from to entertain the back seat baby).
And within a few days of using my e3 I could swap between sleep mode and sit-up mode really quickly with very little hassle.

Don't know anything about the powertwin sorry.

ashall Mon 18-Apr-05 12:30:21

after ages deciding between the two: - e3 or powertwin - I got the powertwin. It is wonderful! So light and easy to push, really simple to fold down. I'm glad i got it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now