Talk

Advanced search

should i buy a phil and ted's SPORT or VIBE??

(8 Posts)
jemimap Wed 16-Jul-08 13:43:06

I have decided to swop my double mountain buggy for a P n Ted's for my 2 yo and my 7 mth old... Although I find the MB brilliant to push, its just too heavy for me to lift in and out of the boot, plus I walk frequently down narrow country lanes so could really do with a single width buggy..

So... Is the Vibe worth the extra money??

Thanks

jemimap Wed 16-Jul-08 18:05:18

bump

annieshaf Wed 16-Jul-08 20:24:49

hi jemimap
fwiw i prefer the vibe - i had a sport but bought a vibe and sold the sport on ebay when the vibe became available.
Main reasons i prefer the vibe are as follows;

the brake on the vibe is on the handle and is easy to set quickly whereas the sport brake can be very difficult - sometimes had to bend down and do it by hand it became that stiff;

the vibe is lighter to lift in and out of car;

the vibe folds with the double seat on and when you get used to it you can fold/unfold more quickly (although it takes a while to learn how to do this easily);

the vibe looks more comfy for the older child and whilst i cant prove this DS1 seems to fall asleep in it much more easily;

Hope this helps
a-m

jemimap Wed 16-Jul-08 22:29:48

thanks.. its really useful.
Just a couple of q's though before I take the plunge and fork out for vibe..

How old are your dc using the buggy?

Can the younger one fall asleep relatively comfortably in the rear seat - does it recline enough?

Do you know if its possible to have a maxi cosi car seat clipped on top and also use the rear seat??

just wondering..

thanks so much - far better than trawling the internet looking for answers! good old mn

annieshaf Thu 17-Jul-08 21:32:21

My DS1 is 2 1/2 and DS2 is 8mths and regularly falls asleep in the back seat whether it is reclined or not. In fact even in the non reclined position he is still sat fairly well back and looks comfortable when asleep. Not sure about the car seat as I have never used a car seat with it, will look into this.
A-M

theirmum Fri 18-Jul-08 10:30:45

Hi its not recommended on any of the P&T models to use the underseat when the carseat is attached because you need to have the top seat down hope that helps

Tapster Fri 18-Jul-08 13:23:21

I saw a toddler in a vibe today with a baby underneath the vibe seats look smaller than the sport - or is it the seat padding?

jemimap Fri 18-Jul-08 14:56:07

thanks for your replies..

I did track down both models side by side in a local baby shop yesterday and the vibe rear seat is considerably shorter than the sport. My 2 year old was unable to fit in the back as his head came way above the top of the seat and it was therefore really uncomfortable. Although at the moment, he would be in the front seat with his 8 mth old sister in the back, I think it would be problematic if you have a taller than average child as when child no 1 is 3 ish and child no 2 is almost 2, she may not even fit in the back..

The vibe looked comfier though but the sport is def more spacious.

Thanks for all your help on this

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now