Talk

Advanced search

plastic car beds for single mattresses?

(10 Posts)
QueenBhannae Wed 16-Jul-08 13:06:13

I am having a room shuffle and intend to put ds bunkbeds in dd's room and am looking for a single bed sized car bed to replace them.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to buy the plastic type ones please?

Also am I being mean to buy one as a birthday present for a 3 year old instead of toys?

QueenBhannae Wed 16-Jul-08 14:37:03

no one?

milkybarsrus Wed 16-Jul-08 15:06:59

I bought a little tikes blue car bed its in moulded plastic and very sturdy. It has sides that would prevent them from rolling out too.
And no I don't think its being mean, He will love it! Also, you can get pretend Name registration plates made up which make it really specialgrin

QueenBhannae Wed 16-Jul-08 15:09:15

yes thats what I mean! Where did you buy it from please?
wow
I have found this and he would love it but I think its only available in America sad

Pavlovthecat Wed 16-Jul-08 15:11:04

Little tykes do one, they look fab, so fab I might get one for my little girl grin.

You can buy them either from website or Argos I believe sell them too?

Pavlovthecat Wed 16-Jul-08 15:13:45

little tikes bed

Egg Wed 16-Jul-08 15:22:29

We have the little tikes one for DS1 and he loves it. He would have been over the moon if we got it for him as a bday pressie, but we needed to get him into it before DTs arrived so he got it anyway as bday was after they were due.

milkybarsrus Wed 16-Jul-08 15:25:10

I got mine second hand from ebay, cost me £60.00 with no mattress which did'nt bother me as I would have bought a new one anyway. there is usually quite a few on there and as they are plastic, what could possibly be wrong with one? Also, these beds only really last til the age of 5 or 6 so not good value if buying new IMO.

Egg Wed 16-Jul-08 15:28:31

Mattress size is same as cotbed btw, if you have one of those already knocking around from baby days you wont even need to buy a new one (if you buy new it does come with one).

QueenBhannae Wed 16-Jul-08 15:29:35

Ebay was my first port of call as I already have mattresses etc so a power wash and the plastic bit is okay imo but I have not been able to find any near to me for collection that accepts the single bed size mattress.

Thanks for the link pavlov but I really need the normal single sized one as ds will be too big for the toddler one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now