Talk

Advanced search

Cheap rug to suit pink and blue shabby chic room?

(12 Posts)
QueenBhannae Wed 16-Jul-08 13:02:12

Was thinking chinese style? for the floral details but am open to suggestions.
Possibly circular (at least 5ft diam) or large size rectangular or square 150 x 150 plus ideally

Its for my daughters room which has pale blue walls and a beige neutral carpet. Pink and blue throws and cushions in cath kidston type fabrics, some checks and some polka, a pink and cream chandelier and lots of floaty voile...if that helps? Furniture is hefty solid pine with cream ceramic handles.

thank you.

Fimbo Wed 16-Jul-08 13:04:56

Here - my dd has this. It is slightly bluer in rl.

QueenBhannae Wed 16-Jul-08 13:10:11

ooh fimbo, that is quite lovely and would fit in quite well I think.
Annoying that they don't deliver to me but may be worth a trip down. I could get four and cover most of the grubby blush carpet for less than a one big rug! Thanks smile

OverMyDeadBody Wed 16-Jul-08 13:14:16

I got a really nice one fom Evolution, I guess it's a rag rug stylee, hot pink, machine washable. It's in my sitting room!grin

Fimbo Wed 16-Jul-08 13:16:11

QB - it also comes in pink.

QueenBhannae Wed 16-Jul-08 13:20:51

I thought of buying two of each colour and laying them down like battenburg (?) cake on the floor... bit much maybe? grin

Fimbo Wed 16-Jul-08 13:23:34

No, I think that would be lovely. The picture doesn't do the rug justice. It is lovely and has made such a difference to my dd's room. The price is great as well.

Check before you go to Ikea that they have them in stock though.

seeker Wed 16-Jul-08 13:28:24

0ake a rag rug. Very theraputic and they grow fast! Or a plaited rug - I'll try and find soem instructions - hang on.

QueenBhannae Fri 18-Jul-08 10:28:49

Fimbo- I went to Ikea last night and bought the rug you linked to in the pink (it had lots of blue in) and also two rag rugs for 99p each (Would not have looked at them unless seeker had suggested making one tbh) and the room looks gorgeous now.

Thanks for the help guys smile

Fimbo Fri 18-Jul-08 10:48:11

Glad you liked it QB.

Ikea is a day trip for us as our nearest one is 2hrs away. I feel the need to go coming on........

QueenBhannae Fri 18-Jul-08 11:58:12

It meant two hours in the car for us too but with the family card you can get ten meatballs and chips for £1 so I bribed the gang with that and we all ate for a fiver (free tea and coffee as well!!)

Downside was that I came out with a jute rug, minnen tiny table and chairs and a big square oak coffee table(reduced to £4.50!!!!and perfect for using as a train table as it has little drawers as well)plus a couple of other rag rugs for ds room...
Oh and LOADS of bits for my middle brother who has just moved out.

Love the rug and it was totally worth it.

Am now scouring the net for pink gingham or polka dot curtains with a 90' drop for said room.

Will it ever end? smile

Fimbo Fri 18-Jul-08 12:34:43

We have a £9 Travelodge room booked at Lakeside (ok its on the services but £9 for 4 its cheap and cheerful) and we will do Ikea then. I have the family card too, so looking forward to £1 meals as we will be going on a Monday (don't think they do the offers at the weekend).

Bargain for the coffee table - we need one for trains too!

Dh always loves a hunt around bargain corner. We got a stacking toy unit which you put plastic boxes in for £17.50 because they had written on the boxes in black marker pen. I washed the boxes and it all came off.

Off to search for curtains in gingham or polka dot now!

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now