Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Flexa Bed or Scallywag Starter Bed - argh can't decide

(9 Posts)
bigpigonadig Wed 16-Jul-08 12:02:25

Do you have either of the above beds, what are the pros and cons, what's the quality like and is it easy to build, and if you bought on-line where did you get it from.

Thank you.

LIZS Wed 16-Jul-08 12:12:16

We have 2 Flexas. Initially awkward to build(slats wouldn't stay put while tightening the frame!) but very sturdy.

bigpigonadig Thu 17-Jul-08 14:16:00

Thanks, leaning towards the Flexa, how long does it take to assemble?

LIZS Thu 17-Jul-08 17:03:38

An hour or two but have two of you on hand if possible. It is the base which takes the time to get right. We're a dab hand now having had to dismantle and reassemble several times !

bigpigonadig Thu 17-Jul-08 21:28:16

Thanks for this info.

Did you get the Flexa mattresses, if so which type did you get and what do you think of them?

I'm not sure whether I should just order it or go and see it first, it is quite a trek to the nearest shop that sells them.

LIZS Fri 18-Jul-08 08:40:47

Worth seeing them in the flesh, if only to see how they go together and visualise the overall size. ds had the Flexa sprung one (may have changed his is 8 years old) and it shows no signs of wear but dd's is just an ordinary sprung one. Her bed is 10cm longer though as it was European spec !

amazonianwoman Fri 18-Jul-08 14:24:48

We have a Flexa bed (LIZS helped persuade me grin)

They're fab, definitely worth the £££, very well made.

We assembled it easily (although I am a dab hand at that sort of stuff wink) and I even managed to convert it into a mid-sleeper last year single-handedly in about an hour.

We went for the sprung pocket mattress (2nd best one?) - it's VERY comfy and has great luxuriously padded mattress cover.

bigpigonadig Fri 18-Jul-08 14:38:07

Thank you both.

I could go and have a look at them at the nearest Flexa Shop (which is over an hours drive away) but don't want to take my 3 year old with me as she'll want it all, slide, ladder, tent etc but she won't understand that she's not old enough to have it off the ground yet!

Was thinking of ordering it online, any recommendations?

amazonianwoman Sun 20-Jul-08 22:23:36

Got ours direct from Flexa when they had a 20% discount (which they never seem to have now hmm - worth ringing them to check?)

Just ordered a Flexa bookcase to go under the midsleeper from Back in Action

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now