Talk

Advanced search

Opinions on Sleepy Nico carrier please

(3 Posts)
cloudberry Tue 15-Jul-08 22:22:36

Does anyone have one? I'd be interested in opinions. I have used a didymous and have a closer sling, but find it very uncomfortable. I like the idea of being able to carry dd2 on my back - she's 16 weeks old and strong. I'm trying to do some work at the moment and she won't settle unless I'm holding her. If I could put her on my back it'd enable me to get more done!! I've tried back carrying with the didymous but found the tying to be a faff snd rather complicated - I know it's a knack, but with 3 small dcs I haven't got time to mess around watching dvd instructions endlessly! Can you back carry when they're this young?

kiskidee Wed 16-Jul-08 13:57:46

a sleepy nico sounds like a good idea then. back carrying with a mei-tai or soft structured carrier which is what a SN is, has a shorter learning curve.

if you search you-tube or google videos with 'back carry mei-tai'. lots of videos should come up.

Albertine Wed 16-Jul-08 17:27:16

I've got a Sleepy Nico and I really like it - I can definitely recommend it. I've only had it for a few weeks, but it's my first choice of carrier just now. It feels really well made, the fabric is lovely and soft, and it's incredibly easy to get on and off. I can't advise you on back carries, though, as I've only used it on the front with my 18 wk old. If your dd is holding her head up properly, then I don't see why you couldn't try it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now