Talk

Advanced search

Help oh great googling wonders - I am looking for washing line poles

(17 Posts)
CoolYourJets Mon 14-Jul-08 23:02:00

Any ideas? I have no idea where you would buy such a thing.

I have a rotary dryer but it's not as good as a line. I also fear pulling the fence down as I currently have my line tied to it blush.

BadHair Mon 14-Jul-08 23:10:33

Whereabouts are you? Anywhere near North Shropshire? I have one metal one that you can have as I got given two from Freecycle but only needed one, and still have the spare one lurking in the back garden.

CoolYourJets Mon 14-Jul-08 23:26:54

afraid not BH but thank you v much for the offer.

fairydust Tue 15-Jul-08 08:11:59

b&q sell them not sure about on line though

MuffinMclay Tue 15-Jul-08 09:51:43

Old fashioned hardware store.

CoolYourJets Tue 15-Jul-08 23:42:32

Thank you ladies smile

donovan Wed 16-Jul-08 00:04:06

I am one sad, sad lady! When we moved to this house, there was a old stair hand rail in the shed, I was over the moon and stuck a nail in the top, it makes the best ever washing pole, as it will never break (I hope) and it is longer than the average washing line pole. Perfect.

gigglewitch Wed 16-Jul-08 00:04:19

we have wooden ones, this sort of thing er, well, ish. wink
mine actually came from poundstretcher/Instore, thus were ridiculously cheap grin

CoolYourJets Wed 16-Jul-08 00:06:28

I suspect what I actually need are posts. <scottish grin> I have two fab line props from argos and some fab multi peg hangers from instore.

Back to b&Q again bah!

donovan Wed 16-Jul-08 00:09:04

cool, have a look and see what is cheaper a hand rail (with a nail in it) or a washing line prop.

CoolYourJets Wed 16-Jul-08 00:09:54

Jealous of hand rail.

I need the things to tie the line to.

They are currently tied to a tree and a fence!

gigglewitch Wed 16-Jul-08 00:10:20

ah-haaaaa. i see. the good old 'lost in translation' thing grin

so you mean this type of thing?

is it haggis proof though hmm

grin

CoolYourJets Wed 16-Jul-08 00:12:31

They look awfy complicated. My granny had painted ones with four peg bits for wrapping the line round so it wouldn't slip.

Garden is haggis free due to being flat, as they have one set of legs longer than the other they cannot traverse the grass.

donovan Wed 16-Jul-08 00:14:24

cool, I am sorry, I got the wrong end of the stick!
I wonder if it would be better for you to get a retractable washing line which can be attached to the wall one end and hooked on something the other END.

gigglewitch Wed 16-Jul-08 00:16:01

we have a big metal thing (stuck way way down into the ground) with four prongs /branches on the top too. yes i did think that the link one looked over complicated too.

Glad to hear your garden is a haggis free zone. I hear they can be a nightmare if they take a liking to your clean washing [norty GW had children mortified haggis-hunting in the Galloway forest a few weeks agogrin!]

CoolYourJets Wed 16-Jul-08 00:16:38

Wouldn't work I,m afraid Donovan, garden on two (flat) levels. I would be back to fixing it on the fence which is creaking ominously with a heavy load out grin.

CoolYourJets Wed 16-Jul-08 00:17:35

<snort> at haggi <pedant> hunting.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now