Talk

Advanced search

Bored of my change bag!

(40 Posts)
lunavix Fri 04-Feb-05 15:47:17

I've grown really tired of my dull changing bag (satchel style mamas and papas one) anyone got a lovely one that they adore and recommend?

I'm not too keen on rucksacks so it'd have to be pretty damn cool if it is one

Titania Fri 04-Feb-05 15:50:37

i got a great one from toys r us. its the black messenger bag one and i love it to bits!!! got loads of little comaprtments and a built in cool bag. this one

Beansmum Fri 04-Feb-05 15:52:43

I bought a mens shoulder bag from accessorize. it's big enough but doesn't look too 'babyish'.

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 16:00:40

I dont have one
just shove it all in a handbag

myermay Fri 04-Feb-05 16:03:05

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Fri 04-Feb-05 16:03:20

.. how can you get bored of a change bag?? It's supposed to be practical

<confused icon>

hoxtonchick Fri 04-Feb-05 16:05:12

ditto cod

lunavix Fri 04-Feb-05 16:06:23

The same way people love new prams!

I've only had it nine months...but because I have to wash it it's all crumpled and looks dreadful. It's grey as well (which tbh doesn't go with the pram) and it just looks dingy. And considering I use it all day every day.. would like a nice one!

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 16:06:52

I think they are awful though - do you really want ahandbag with teddies on?
oh bno not at all stylish

Titania Fri 04-Feb-05 16:08:34

ah see mines a nice black one that goes with all of my pushchairs, doesnt look babyish and i can get everything in it! Its got on insert that you wash when things get spilt so thats easier.

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 16:09:13

IMe you only need a lot whne theya re really newborn
I only ever take out a nappy adn wipes asap

Twiglett Fri 04-Feb-05 16:11:10

don't use one with DD (did with DS)

food/bibs a nappy, wipes go in her buggy

Hazellnut Fri 04-Feb-05 18:24:24

I got bought this one when I left work - change bag

Only been out with it once so far (been home with dd about 5 days)but it seemed to do the trick and is a bit different !

Aero Fri 04-Feb-05 18:36:58

Gracious, mine is on it's third child and has served me well over the last seven years - It's a caboodle one and until now has been great, but the zip has finally gone on it and tbh it looks like nothing, but I won't replace it with another as ds2 is now a year old, but I'll get myself a larger funky hand/shoulder bag instead as I still need room for all the bits and pieces he needs when we're out.

Roobie Fri 04-Feb-05 18:38:53

Much as I hate wasting money on new baby this/new baby that............those Shanghai Baby bags are lovely!!

Merlin Fri 04-Feb-05 18:41:48

I LOVE those Shanghai bags - just gorgeous. But showed them to DH who said "£36 for a change bag????" and commented that he would look a bit silly using it. But the point is he can use our old plain navy rucksack type thing while I can swan about with something a bit more glamorous!!!

jane313 Fri 04-Feb-05 18:43:23

ooh they are lovely but I prefer a rucksack style as it easier to balance whilst carrying a child. I hate it when you are carrying something and a bag falls down your arm. I just got a cheap black mothercare one. I like using the change mat still ouside as I hate the thought of poo going everywhere. Also my partner will use it, not sure if he would those!

jane313 Fri 04-Feb-05 18:44:02

oh no just read it had a backpack option. damn I needed a reason not to buy it!

kikidee Fri 04-Feb-05 18:46:02

I got a nice one from Eat yer Greens in black. The shoulder bag idea didn't work that well for pushing the pram but it fits in the basket when I'm pushing. I thought it was a wee bit different.
look here

jane313 Fri 04-Feb-05 18:46:09

aah its a bit small and i stuff snacks and shopping in it too.

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 18:47:37

I jusy dont see hwo wtheya re differen to normal bags!
you can get a small changing mat form somewhere adn bung it in a hnadbag

blossom2 Fri 04-Feb-05 19:12:31

Pregnant with my second and this is my biggest dilemma at the moment (i'm not shallow really )

i used to have the Samonate one that changes from a shoulder bag to rucksack but it was too small and i wanted something that a thermal bottle holder/pocket.

this is the one i want to get. not very stylish but looks big & pratical .. i like it in chilli.

www.kiddicare.com/invt/baggr8xalinonnapbagz

(haven't worked out how to do links yet)

janeybops Fri 04-Feb-05 19:30:56

Must admit I don't really use one now. Just bung a spare nappy, wipes and nappy sack in the basket under the buggy. Don't use mats as I change ds while resting on my lap. Do it this was at home too. Works well as he is a bit of a wriggler.

But with I did buy one from John Lewis. It looks like a shoulder bag but has poppers that maens it can hang from the handle of your pram too. Not very big though as I am a light traveller...

Davros Sun 06-Feb-05 20:20:56

Love my Kipling Supernanny one (recommended on MN) but also hardly use it now and just take out few essentials in buggy/bag.

lulupop Mon 07-Feb-05 08:42:40

I've also got the Eat Yer Greens one (which you can also buy from Blooming Marvellous) and have to agree that the shoulder bag bit is a bad idea. It doesn't fit over the handles of my buggy ( a Jane Powertrack), and once stuffed with bottles etc is too big to comfortably put over shoulder. So I don't use it!

Buy a nice big tote from someone like ollie & Nic and then you will use it once it's no longer a baby bag as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: