Talk

Advanced search

Bored of my change bag!

(40 Posts)
lunavix Fri 04-Feb-05 15:47:17

I've grown really tired of my dull changing bag (satchel style mamas and papas one) anyone got a lovely one that they adore and recommend?

I'm not too keen on rucksacks so it'd have to be pretty damn cool if it is one

Titania Fri 04-Feb-05 15:50:37

i got a great one from toys r us. its the black messenger bag one and i love it to bits!!! got loads of little comaprtments and a built in cool bag. this one

Beansmum Fri 04-Feb-05 15:52:43

I bought a mens shoulder bag from accessorize. it's big enough but doesn't look too 'babyish'.

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 16:00:40

I dont have one
just shove it all in a handbag

myermay Fri 04-Feb-05 16:03:05

Message withdrawn

Twiglett Fri 04-Feb-05 16:03:20

.. how can you get bored of a change bag?? It's supposed to be practical

<confused icon>

hoxtonchick Fri 04-Feb-05 16:05:12

ditto cod

lunavix Fri 04-Feb-05 16:06:23

The same way people love new prams!

I've only had it nine months...but because I have to wash it it's all crumpled and looks dreadful. It's grey as well (which tbh doesn't go with the pram) and it just looks dingy. And considering I use it all day every day.. would like a nice one!

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 16:06:52

I think they are awful though - do you really want ahandbag with teddies on?
oh bno not at all stylish

Titania Fri 04-Feb-05 16:08:34

ah see mines a nice black one that goes with all of my pushchairs, doesnt look babyish and i can get everything in it! Its got on insert that you wash when things get spilt so thats easier.

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 16:09:13

IMe you only need a lot whne theya re really newborn
I only ever take out a nappy adn wipes asap

Twiglett Fri 04-Feb-05 16:11:10

don't use one with DD (did with DS)

food/bibs a nappy, wipes go in her buggy

Hazellnut Fri 04-Feb-05 18:24:24

I got bought this one when I left work - change bag

Only been out with it once so far (been home with dd about 5 days)but it seemed to do the trick and is a bit different !

Aero Fri 04-Feb-05 18:36:58

Gracious, mine is on it's third child and has served me well over the last seven years - It's a caboodle one and until now has been great, but the zip has finally gone on it and tbh it looks like nothing, but I won't replace it with another as ds2 is now a year old, but I'll get myself a larger funky hand/shoulder bag instead as I still need room for all the bits and pieces he needs when we're out.

Roobie Fri 04-Feb-05 18:38:53

Much as I hate wasting money on new baby this/new baby that............those Shanghai Baby bags are lovely!!

Merlin Fri 04-Feb-05 18:41:48

I LOVE those Shanghai bags - just gorgeous. But showed them to DH who said "£36 for a change bag????" and commented that he would look a bit silly using it. But the point is he can use our old plain navy rucksack type thing while I can swan about with something a bit more glamorous!!!

jane313 Fri 04-Feb-05 18:43:23

ooh they are lovely but I prefer a rucksack style as it easier to balance whilst carrying a child. I hate it when you are carrying something and a bag falls down your arm. I just got a cheap black mothercare one. I like using the change mat still ouside as I hate the thought of poo going everywhere. Also my partner will use it, not sure if he would those!

jane313 Fri 04-Feb-05 18:44:02

oh no just read it had a backpack option. damn I needed a reason not to buy it!

kikidee Fri 04-Feb-05 18:46:02

I got a nice one from Eat yer Greens in black. The shoulder bag idea didn't work that well for pushing the pram but it fits in the basket when I'm pushing. I thought it was a wee bit different.
look here

jane313 Fri 04-Feb-05 18:46:09

aah its a bit small and i stuff snacks and shopping in it too.

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 18:47:37

I jusy dont see hwo wtheya re differen to normal bags!
you can get a small changing mat form somewhere adn bung it in a hnadbag

blossom2 Fri 04-Feb-05 19:12:31

Pregnant with my second and this is my biggest dilemma at the moment (i'm not shallow really )

i used to have the Samonate one that changes from a shoulder bag to rucksack but it was too small and i wanted something that a thermal bottle holder/pocket.

this is the one i want to get. not very stylish but looks big & pratical .. i like it in chilli.

www.kiddicare.com/invt/baggr8xalinonnapbagz

(haven't worked out how to do links yet)

janeybops Fri 04-Feb-05 19:30:56

Must admit I don't really use one now. Just bung a spare nappy, wipes and nappy sack in the basket under the buggy. Don't use mats as I change ds while resting on my lap. Do it this was at home too. Works well as he is a bit of a wriggler.

But with I did buy one from John Lewis. It looks like a shoulder bag but has poppers that maens it can hang from the handle of your pram too. Not very big though as I am a light traveller...

Davros Sun 06-Feb-05 20:20:56

Love my Kipling Supernanny one (recommended on MN) but also hardly use it now and just take out few essentials in buggy/bag.

lulupop Mon 07-Feb-05 08:42:40

I've also got the Eat Yer Greens one (which you can also buy from Blooming Marvellous) and have to agree that the shoulder bag bit is a bad idea. It doesn't fit over the handles of my buggy ( a Jane Powertrack), and once stuffed with bottles etc is too big to comfortably put over shoulder. So I don't use it!

Buy a nice big tote from someone like ollie & Nic and then you will use it once it's no longer a baby bag as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now