Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

No pedal bikes ... is 2 too young?

(6 Posts)
wishingchair Mon 14-Jul-08 16:06:24

DD2 will soon be 2. I suggested getting one of those micro-scooters (2 wheels at front) but DH thinks a no pedal bike would be better. We live on a fairly busy road so probably bike would be better otherwise will constantly have battles over her wanting to scoot down teh road and us definitely saying no.

What do you think?

NotQuiteCockney Mon 14-Jul-08 16:08:33

I'd think with either, you're going to have battles - welcome to having a two-year-old! (That being said, my DS2 has never tried unreasonably to bike on the road - he only wants to bike on the basically unused road near us.)

I've always used the no-pedal bikes, and been happy with them. Two isn't too young, imo, but you might need to check carefully that the model you get will fit her, iyswim.

witchandchips Mon 14-Jul-08 16:09:29

both are great, both teach balance and independence. I've a slight preference for the scooter as is easier to put over your shoulders/onto the pram if they get bored or tired

wishingchair Mon 14-Jul-08 16:36:35

Good point witchandchips re: the portability of the scooter, and excellent point about whether the bike would fit her.

Thing about the bike is it could also help DD1 (5) get the confidence she needs to ride her bike, as DD1 is a bit oblivious still to presents and property!

wishingchair Mon 14-Jul-08 16:53:01

Sorry, meant DD2 is oblivious to property. DD1 has every item she's ever owned catalogued in her mind.

fruitcorner Mon 14-Jul-08 20:24:02

2 is fine for a "no pedals" bike. We bought a wooden like-a-bike and have used it loads, it is very light and I find it as easy to carry as the scooter. They can go quite fast on the bike once they get confident so be prepared to run to keep up. Definitely helps with balance and for riding big bike without stabilisers ( although most kids manage that in the end anyway)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now