Talk

Advanced search

Is Mamas and Papas Protec the only car seat that will definitly avoid buckle crunch?

(11 Posts)
milki Mon 14-Jul-08 13:05:28

I've have just been given (grin) a Hyundai Amica but have been told that my daughters current car seat is unsuitable because the high seat belt buckles cause buckle crunch. Have been looking around on internet and it seems that the M&P Protec is the only seat that will avoid this - is that right?

BouncyTigger Mon 14-Jul-08 15:58:16

Not sure, but we have one because we had a buckle crunch problem and it came out high in Which? 3 years ago when we bought it. Have to say I love the seat, it's fitted in every car we've ever tried it in and my tall 3 1/2 year old still fit's it easily, she also loved being fairly high up as she could see really well out of the window.

Teaandcake Mon 14-Jul-08 23:01:14

No, take a look at the Maxi Cosi Tobi. It's brill!

The seatbelt routing is totally different to any other car seat and the fit is fantastically secure.

onepieceoflollipop Mon 14-Jul-08 23:02:41

<<whispers>> what is buckle crunch? blush

Lubyloo Mon 14-Jul-08 23:17:15

Milki - have you had a look at the fitfinder on the Britax website.

Lollipop - Buckle crunch is when the buckle rests against the frame of the car seat. In an accident the buckle could break and/or come undone.

Lubyloo Mon 14-Jul-08 23:17:57

Lollipop - Buckle crunch is when the buckle rests against the frame of the car seat. In an accident the buckle could break and/or come undone.

onepieceoflollipop Mon 14-Jul-08 23:18:53

Thanks

Lubyloo Mon 14-Jul-08 23:19:57

Lubyloo Mon 14-Jul-08 23:20:09

Lubyloo Mon 14-Jul-08 23:21:53

Oooops blush Computer kept freezing on me!

thingamajig Mon 14-Jul-08 23:34:41

M and P Protec of Maxicosi Toby are probably the best bets. How old is your daughter? Could she go in something like this here or this here which would last till shes 11?
Buckle crunch tends to be less of a problem in bigger carseats than on the Group 1 ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now