Talk

Advanced search

Phil and Teds E3

(11 Posts)
katzguk Fri 04-Feb-05 13:21:19

i know this has been done to death but i really need help with this.

I'm hoping to persuade DH that one of these would be useful. but i have a few questions:

1. The specs say reversible handle does this mean that you can have the main seat facing you?
2. How easy is it too attached/detach the second seat/cocoon?
3. How heavy is it to push once you've got a toddler and a baby in it?

thanks for your help

Bagpuss30 Fri 04-Feb-05 13:24:29

1. No, handle just points up or down
2. Very easy, especially with the new models I believe
3. Don't know, will be finding out in June/July!

I am currently in accessory heaven (or hell, depending on which way you look at it), be very aware, they are great but highly expensive .

misdee Fri 04-Feb-05 13:26:02

well i push a 40lb child in it atm, and its fairly easy. wil llet u know in approx 4 weeks what its like with 2 kids in it.

lockets Fri 04-Feb-05 13:27:58

Message withdrawn

katzguk Fri 04-Feb-05 13:28:14

thanks - i don't really want to buy a twinpushchair as DD is a good walker but nursery is a long way and it rains a lot here!

Another question when the baby is in the cocoon can you see it? equally what about if only the baby is in it?

plus aren't they close to the ground the child at the back and how difficult is it to get the child into the bottom seat?

Bagpuss30 Fri 04-Feb-05 13:36:23

If you just need it for nursery run then I would get a cheap double personally. It is a massive outlay to use occasionally, although if space is going to be an issue or if you are getting rid of any other buggies you may own then it would probably suit your needs perfectly!

lockets Fri 04-Feb-05 13:37:24

Message withdrawn

katzguk Fri 04-Feb-05 13:38:01

we have to do the nursery run on the bus twice a week so a single buggy would be easier and i don't like buggy boards!! Do they hold there value secondhand? double edged question if not then i could get a cheap second hand one if yes then i could buy use for a few months and sell!!

Bagpuss30 Fri 04-Feb-05 13:41:59

Katz, I would hate to use my E3 on public transport tbh, they are still a fairly hefty weight and quite free wheeling too - no good if you live on one of those hilly roads in Sheffield!

Also, have you considered using a sling and single buggy if it is just for a few months?

katzguk Fri 04-Feb-05 16:47:24

that was my original plan the sling and buggy but someone mentioned how good the phil and teds were and i was almost convinced but i think i will stick to plan a, the sling and buggy - thanks for all the help.

piximon Fri 04-Feb-05 17:07:50

katzguk, I use mine on buses all the time without problems. Only time I have to use the back doors on the bus to board are if I have the Pannier bags both attached and full of shopping.
Mine are currently aged almost 2 and almost 5 months and buying one was the best decision I've made buggy wise.
I find it much easier then either of my other two buggies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now