Talk

Advanced search

L'Oreal Re-Finish Microdermabrasion kit: anyone tried it?

(16 Posts)
marthamoo Fri 04-Feb-05 10:44:37

Will it make me look like Natalie Imbruglia or would I get the same effect with a Brillo pad and tub of Swarfega?

I am tempted - but it's pretty expensive if I'm only going to use it once then leave it festering at the back of my bathroom cabinet with the tooth brightening kit and the dried up tub of Jolen bleach.

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 10:45:11

sounds painful mm
what do you do with it>

marthamoo Fri 04-Feb-05 10:48:46

It has two bottles and I think it strips of the top layer of your skin or something (ouch!) Then the skin underneath is baby soft, perfect and glowing like Natalie Imbruglia's. Boots sell it but I can't find it online to do a link.

marthamoo Fri 04-Feb-05 10:51:34

found some on ebay so you can look

TracyK Fri 04-Feb-05 10:54:47

I'd like to try it - but dubious too. I shall wait till someone else is guinea pig.

lowcalCOD Fri 04-Feb-05 10:56:31

( eye rolling icon) isnt your skin bootiful ans smooth mm?!!

marthamoo Fri 04-Feb-05 11:22:04

As a baby's bottom, coddy.

A baby with a wrinkly, dull, spotty sort of a bottom.

crunchie Fri 04-Feb-05 11:36:24

It is brilliant stuff I love it and highly recommend it. It doesn't take the top layer of your skin off, just works as a fab exfoliator and personally I think it has really brightened up my skin. I have glowing skin, not dull winter skin now. I use it as I would any other cleanser - in the shower a couple of times a week. It really doesn't take any longer than other things, and I cannot recomend it highly enough. My skin looks like I have just had a facial.

BTW I work on a mag and everyone in all the mags are raving about it as it seems to what it says on the tin. £18.99 or whatever it costs is less than the cost of a facial and I have been usuing the tube for 2 months and there is loads left. I reckon it will last at least 4 months or more. Good value as far as I am concerned

NameChangingMancMidlander Fri 04-Feb-05 11:42:55

I've been wondering about this too. I currently use the Clarins exfoliator thingy (can't remember the name) but I find it a bit messy and it smells a bit odd when it comes off too.

I use an exfoliating face wash every day too so I'll be down to the bare bones soon

marthamoo Fri 04-Feb-05 14:46:26

Well it's £3.75 off in Boots atm so....I bought some. So I'm glad to read your post crunchie! Only then I went to the cashpoint and found we are £300 O/D already and it's only the 4th (Christmas Visa bill catching up with us) so I really will have to hide it at the back of the bathroom cabinet.

Bad news is if you spent over a tenner in Boots you got a box of Lindt truffles for 99p...ooops, there go today's Weight Watcher points.

noddyholder Fri 04-Feb-05 14:49:02

I have used the avon one called clinical it is a very fine sandy textured exfoliator and leaves the skin shiny and bright looking.Costs about #6 and is brilliant

Newbarnsleygirl Fri 04-Feb-05 14:51:00

So glad I've read this. I've wanted to buy it for a while now but have been too scared!

I thought it was £13.99 in Boots at the moment?

I might treat myself with my advantage points.

Crunchie, I still get some teenage type spots on my cheeks do you think it will clear them up and does it smell?

crunchie Fri 04-Feb-05 15:27:09

I have found it seems to help clear up blemishes, I am not sure about spots. I usually gett hem when it is the worng time of the month and it just seems to brighten up the skin. It isn't strongly scented (I find Clarins and the like too smelly) I can't even remeber the smell. I wish I could describe the results as everyone's skin is different. I am 35, with quite pale skin (slightly greasy in that I get blackheads), I don't have many wrinkles, and I think my skin looks quite good for my age. This product seems to leave my skin looking younger and fresher and like I said brighter and more radient. I wouldn't say it makes my wrinkles look better but I am not sure how bad they are really.

Enjoy it

TracyK Sat 05-Feb-05 16:43:02

I'm going to Boots tomorrow to get some - I hope it's on speial offer.

Skribble Wed 09-Feb-05 20:24:33

I have tried it as well after getting it on special offer. Good effect seems to brighten up skin ideal after winter. It recommends using twice a week and not just before going out for the first time incase you are a bit too red.

Did I really spend £13.99 I must have been in a good mood .

fredtbad Wed 09-Feb-05 20:26:01

Beauty secret about to be outed:
try dr.sebagh's deep exfoliating cream
THE best!
Oh it's 55quid!
But it's VVVVVVV.GOOD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now