Talk

Advanced search

does anyone make a pram that's just a pram anymore?

(29 Posts)
PinkTulips Sat 12-Jul-08 22:37:32

i don't need a pram that;
morphs into a buggy,
or has a car seat attachment,
or swivels around in circles so that baby has a choice of views,
or has 200 million add ons,
or plays music,
or looks like it's from the 1930's but cost enough to have bought a house in the 1930's

i want a pram..... not a freaking transformer robot. a nice simple pran that's basically a moses basket on wheels and nothing else.

does it exist?

misdee Sat 12-Jul-08 22:38:30

emmaljunga

silvercross sleepover

silvercross freeway

gigglewitch Sat 12-Jul-08 22:39:43

naaaaaaaaahhhhh shock
Don't be silly

grin

gigglewitch Sat 12-Jul-08 22:43:39

try this
grin
only eight-in one... but it does look like a normal pram smile

PinkTulips Sat 12-Jul-08 22:48:27

lol gigglewitch grin think i'm on my own wanting this judging by my hunting so far

sleepover does the morphy thingy. and costs 500 smackers on ebay. internet being an arse tonight but am trying to check out that emmaljunga one now

i have 2 perfectly good buggies here, but one was a travel system and i gave away the car seat and the other is a stroller so neither are suitable for the first few months.

want a nice plain pram that baby can snooze away in while i tramp up and down the road on the school run and i can park in the hall with them asleep.

and that i won't feel guilty only using for 6 months and never again grin

misdee Sat 12-Jul-08 22:49:17

can u get a seocnd hand one and replace the mattress?

have seen the sleepover go for under £100 on ebay.

gigglewitch Sat 12-Jul-08 22:52:47

ahhh well, you can dream grin

we have a Britax [ancient] travel system but teh pram is a most bog-standard baby pram that is heaven to push round, so I do know what you mean. When we got it (for DC1) I had a "don't wants" list bigger than my wish-list, because like you i just wanted a plain ordinary pram, in the end we got the Britax because the car seat went on the chassis on its own frame, not stacked on top of the buggy grin
I'm only joking with you because you could have been ME - heaven help you...

PinkTulips Sat 12-Jul-08 22:57:36

not seen much secondhand yet.... i've got 30 weeks of looking though before the issue becomes critical though wink

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gigglewitch Sat 12-Jul-08 23:14:39

<sighs>
beautiful, MMJ

PinkTulips Sat 12-Jul-08 23:27:44

drool

i am slightly in love with the sleepover blush

i'm sure i could justify it if it was secondhand... wonder how much it'll go for?

[adds to watched items and wonders how much dp has hoarded in his playstation fund grin]

PinkTulips Sat 12-Jul-08 23:29:12

o dear god, i just found one for 200 euros on gumtree

divine

wessexgirl Sat 12-Jul-08 23:30:57

Mine is nicer - look http://www.cpage.plus.com/pict4322.jpg.

If you can pick it up, you can have it smile.

wessexgirl Sat 12-Jul-08 23:31:48

Trying a less pathetic link now - - nice pram here.

wessexgirl Sat 12-Jul-08 23:37:29

Pretty much, mmj grin. We needs country wheels down yer.

wessexgirl Sat 12-Jul-08 23:42:58

Oh God, tmmj, same here!

And dh insists no. I am almost taking it as a sign of The Fates that if someone relieves me of this pram, I am not Meant to have another.

(No pressure or owt, PinkTulips grin).

PinkTulips Sat 12-Jul-08 23:44:15

am in ireland so no can do on the pick up.

i reckon you'll have plenty of takers though, it's gorgeous smile

see, i love them whe they look like that, i just can't convince dp don't see the point in paying a few hundred extra for it being able to be a buggy as well.

think i'll be haunting ebay and guntree over the next few months looking for a bargain

wessexgirl Sat 12-Jul-08 23:46:10

Pink, I am sighing half with disappointment, half with hope, iyswim. I would love to give this pram a third go around the block. I bought it with inheritance money from my grandad, so I really can't just junk it.

Hope you find something you like smile.

PinkTulips Sat 12-Jul-08 23:52:27

eeek, mil has given us tonnes over the last year and my parents are broke (and don't approve of people having more than one child so won't be overjoyed at dc3 being on the way grin)

i'm saving dd's playschool fees over summer and putting them in a jug, but thanks to lack of space in the van when moving last year i gave away an awful amount of baby stuff so have a few thngs to rebuy so won't be much left there after that's done.

pram is sadly bottom of the list as i can technically put baba in a sling til 3 months and then he/she will be big enough for the old buggy.

[still eyeing up dp's pkaystation hoard he doesn't really need one and i do need a pretty pram grin]

wessexgirl Sat 12-Jul-08 23:54:04

Tmmj, mine was around that six years ago.

Dh thought I'd gone insane, but I really thought my grandad would understand - I didn't want a travel system; I WANTED an old school pram.

And yes, I WANT another baby. But I'm cracking on a bit, dh isn't keen and...hmm, that's it, really. <Steps away from the contraception-fiddling>. Oooh, it's SO HARD!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now