Talk

Advanced search

Looking for a cupboard/bureau that you can use to hide away PC, keyboard, files etc?

(14 Posts)
chonky Sat 12-Jul-08 19:08:23

I want to put the PC out of sight, however all the workstation desks come home offices I've seen so far are v.contemporary - we live in a Victorian house so really looking for something a bit more in keeping (although not some hideous monstrosity in oak and green leather <boak>).

Does such a piece of furniture exist please?

brimfull Sat 12-Jul-08 19:12:14

think this is just a desk but nice

EachPeachPearMum Sat 12-Jul-08 19:12:40

We have Alve from Ikea- there is a bureau with an extension of shelves above- it fits a 19" flat screen monitor inside the desky bit.
We have a victorian home, and it is a dark wood stain, and not at all garish or odd looking.

elfsmummy Sat 12-Jul-08 19:17:51

We've just taken delivery of this which is admittedly a desk but we've had the drawers changed to a cupboard so the hard drive and printer are in the cupboards and the keyboard gets hidden in the central drawer, the only thing on top is the flat panel monitor. Love it. Although may be slightly too contemporary still?

chonky Sat 12-Jul-08 19:18:00

OOh - that's nice ggirl.

EPPM, does Alve have holes in it for cables please?

EachPeachPearMum Sat 12-Jul-08 19:23:01

Yes- at the back, so you don't see them at all.

brimfull Sat 12-Jul-08 19:25:59

elfsmummy-I love that mac site

chonky Sat 12-Jul-08 19:34:00

elfsmummy - that's stunning (and v/tempting, although not sure I'd be able to convince dh r.e. price).

chonky Sat 12-Jul-08 19:38:34

One last question EPPM (sorry blush) - does the shelf part above take A4 files?

chonky Sat 12-Jul-08 19:39:34

One last question EPPM (sorry blush) - does the shelf part above take A4 files?

EachPeachPearMum Sat 12-Jul-08 19:42:02

Oh- yes- there are 3 adjustable shelves- you put them where you want them.

We have books on all 3, then A4 box files and magazine files on tht top- because we have nice high ceilings (and a v tall DH!)

chonky Sat 12-Jul-08 19:48:33

Sounds perfect EPPM (not that the other options weren't great too, but trying to run to affording a new PC at the same time as this is running like a three legged donkey).

Thanks everyone.

EachPeachPearMum Sat 12-Jul-08 20:33:40

We've had ours a year now.
Just asked DH (who uses it most ... ie all day, every day) and he says the only annoyance is that you must shut the doors to the top bit before you do the front fold-down bit... but thats hardly a strain ... plus he never actually shuts it unless I ask him to specifically do it!

I would advise you measure your monitor height though before you trek off to get it- if you

EachPeachPearMum Sat 12-Jul-08 20:34:23

have a large crt screen, it may not fit- ours is large, but flat so its fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now