I want:
- slidey or flippy
- ok camera
- to be able to upload my pics to the computer
- reasonably simple looking

I'd like:
- to be able to sync my contacts from Outlook
- to be able to dump mp3s on it and use them as ringtones

I've looked at nokia.com, but there are too many options. I don't mind the 6111, but don't think I ever got pictures synching.

BexieID Sat 12-Jul-08 23:10:51

The 6111 looks like a decent enough phone. I only have eyes for the N95 though.

Limara Sat 12-Jul-08 23:18:56

Steer clear of the symbian phones and Orange if I were you. I had 3 Nokia N63's and now on N95, shite IMO. If you change you mind and want to go back to your old handset, the symbian sim wont work in a non symbian phone.

Oh I could go on...

ginnny Sat 12-Jul-08 23:23:40

I LOVE my (pink) 6111. Its so easy to use and tough as old boots its been dropped loads but still works.

WendyWeber Sat 12-Jul-08 23:24:15

Why Nokia only? Sony Ericssons are fab, the cybershots are fantastic cameras but still very music-friendly.

(I don't understand about syncing contacts though blush)

I just got this one, I love it. (I got one on O2 for £79 from tesco)

AggiePanther Sat 12-Jul-08 23:25:01

Ooh I love my n95 limara

WendyWeber Sat 12-Jul-08 23:27:52

Nokia phones summaries

fiodyl Sat 12-Jul-08 23:35:31

I want an N82- I don't do slidey/flippy

Limara Sat 12-Jul-08 23:36:57

AggiePanther, my phone has a mind of its own. It freezes and I have to take out the battery to un-freeze it.

Today, it kept turning the picture sideways like I flipped the screen IYSWIM?

When you slide it open, it takes ages for the screen to light up.

AggiePanther Sat 12-Jul-08 23:49:24

my dp's used to freeze like that limara - then he did something with the firmware (i think) and it was ok. but i've had no probs with mine ...is yours the newer 8gb or the older version cos i've heard there are probs with the older ones - his was the older version. he has an 8gb like mine now with no probs

NotQuiteCockney Sun 13-Jul-08 07:18:28

Funny, I started looking again, and think I'm going for a 6111, but hopefully one of the Cath Kidston ones.

My last phone was a Sony Ericsson. After a year, the camera and one of the crucial buttons doesn't work any more. I borrowed DH's old Nokia, which looks like it's been savaged by dogs, years old, and still works. My Sony looks slightly used, not knackered at all, but doesn't work any more. So I'm giving up on non-Nokia.

BexieID Sun 13-Jul-08 08:25:14

I have the Sony Ericson k800i. It's not too bad build wise as my brother has been through 4 or 5 Sony Ericsons, lol. I'd always had Nokias but I was desperate for a new phone after losing mine at Silverstone and a friend was selling his week old k800i. Need to be able to afford a contract again before I can get a Nokia N95.

WendyWeber Sun 13-Jul-08 10:07:54

NQC, all the very old ones do go on forever - there was such a lot less in them to go wrong grin All the new high-tech ones are terribly highly-strung...

Bexie, my new one is the k800i - I've never been bothered about fancy features before but we went to a concert last weekend & my (battered old second-hand but still in full working order, NQC wink) k510i takes such pathetic videos (pic & sound) I made up my mind to get a decent one finally. DD1 has the same phone & the photos are amazing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now