Talk

Advanced search

Which buggy/ what buggies for three children under 4 years old?

(11 Posts)
dreamymum Sat 12-Jul-08 18:25:39

need one buggy for the baby alone, and one buggy that can fit two (not necessarily both sitting). and would like the most compact buggies out there since there is little room in our flat to store!

Olihan Sat 12-Jul-08 18:28:48

Would a single buggy and a buggy board work? Or is dc2 too young to stand on a board?

Seat to go or the bike-type attachment (Strolli?) might be worth a look too, rather than a double, or as attchment to the double so all 3 can be contained.

dreamymum Sat 12-Jul-08 18:35:16

where to i get a seat to go or bike attachment? are they large?

i need separate buggies since at first will take baby to work and will need the buggy for two older girls to get to school and back, and on weekends will need to be able to have all three transportable since 2 yr old and even 3 yr old still like to ride in buggy esepcially in long distance travel...

motherinferior Sat 12-Jul-08 18:36:39

I honestly would move the three year old out of the buggy, and work on the two year old too. They can walk really long distances if they have to, seriously!

sarah293 Sat 12-Jul-08 18:38:25

Message withdrawn

Nemoandthefishes Sat 12-Jul-08 18:38:38

I made ds walk by time dds came and he was 3.2yrs.For the DDs[12mths age gap] I have a phil and teds which is used nearly every day or walking ds to school and back[ 40min round trip] however dd1 walks more than gets in now unless weather is bad or her chest is bad. Dd1 would happily use a buggy board but I dont like them so depends how old dc will be when baby comes

motherinferior Sat 12-Jul-08 18:46:08

I chucked DD1 out of the buggy at around two, a few months before I gave birth to her sister grin

Olihan Sat 12-Jul-08 18:49:20

Seat to go

Strolli

I agree with the others about getting the 3yo used to walking.

Ds1 was 3 a couple of days after ds2 was born, so I had dd (16mo) and newborn ds2 in the double buggy and ds1 walking. We had a mile long walk to and from pre-school which he managed no problem, having been encouraged to walk a lot of places when dd was still small.

Ds1 is now 4.6, dd is 2.11 and ds2 is 18mo and I only ever take a single buggy. My single is a M&P Pliko so dd hops on the little ledge at the back if she gets too tired/I want to get somewhere fast. I think I abandoned the double when she was about 2.3 and wanted to walk more often.

Pliko (masses of them 2nd hand on Ebay) would be a good single option as they umbrealla fold, lie flat, are sturdy enough to take a decent sized toddler and have the ledge so you don't need a buggy board once baby is sitting upright most of the time.

Nemoandthefishes Sat 12-Jul-08 18:54:37

I tried a seat 2go and it was horrendous..dont do it..lol

accessorizequeen Sat 12-Jul-08 23:26:50

We got our 3 year old a bike a week after ds2 born so he went everywhere on that (and still does). Makes life so much easier than a buggy board! You could always sling the baby if 2 year old wants to hop in for a bit?

piximon Sun 13-Jul-08 12:09:24

phil and ted plus carry baby in sling? It's what I do with my dts (19mths) and ds3 (3mths). Or make 3yr old walk and put baby in back. My dd1 (3.10) wasn't much of a walker till dts came along and she had to get used to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now