Talk

Advanced search

Tchibo high chair users - advice please....

(6 Posts)
unicorn Sat 12-Jul-08 12:12:50

Just built the high chair, but the crotch strap seems too short.
If we want to move the seat to anything other than the highest setting it won't stretch.

Have they sent the wrong size crotch strap?

Any advice?

bran Sat 12-Jul-08 12:47:55

I think we only used the crotch strap when the seat was on the highest setting. Once ds was big enough to move the seat down we didn't use the restraining bar at all, which meant that he could climb in and out by himself.

unicorn Sat 12-Jul-08 14:17:00

Blimey.
Ds is nearly 9 months (but a big) and it's a bit of a squeeze getting him in on top setting.
Needs to be restrained though.
I shall have to call the helpline on Monday.

SoupDragon Sat 12-Jul-08 14:26:11

Ours fitted on the top 2 settings.

unicorn Tue 15-Jul-08 09:41:44

Just got this response from them;

Unfortunately the crotch strap was designed only to be used when the seat is on the highest level as the child is suppose to be able sit with out the aid of a strap when the seat is moved down. However this is not effective with all children and we have received many phone calls and e-mails regarding the same problem.
We are sorry to say that we can not provide any other strap for this item and are advising that if the high chair is not suitable, it should be taken back with the receipt for a full refund.
We apologise for the inconvenience.

Catilla Tue 15-Jul-08 09:55:50

I added a harness (toddler-walking type thing from mothercare) for a while when ds was trying to climb out. Just twisted the reins around the legs to hold in place. Could you try that?

I think the point of the high seat setting is that the baby should be able to reach the table. Have you tried getting yours into a TrippTrapp... feels like it'll break their legs! Tchibo one is much better!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now