Talk

Advanced search

Under Eye Cream - What should I buy

(10 Posts)
Lowryn Thu 03-Feb-05 21:30:13

I have pretty much ignored my skin as it seemed fine without much intervention, but I noticed today that all these sleepless nights with DS have left me with fine lines under my eyes.
What should I buy to prevent them from getting worse?

crystaltips Thu 03-Feb-05 21:36:59

Mate of mine raves about La Prairie .... there's a massive BUT .... wait for it ..... is costs £100 for a jar - the size of a sixpence !!

Go for slices of cucumber .... it's cheaper

Lowryn Thu 03-Feb-05 21:39:34

I was going to try cucumber tonight! I think I will go raid the fridge!

Twiga Thu 03-Feb-05 21:50:34

I really like Clinique "all about eyes" it is meant to reduce puffs and circle, and seems to work well for me. Not sure about price as got in the airport but think would be around £15 - light creme non-greasy and 100% fragrance free so good if you have sensitive skin.

Demented Thu 03-Feb-05 21:53:10

The stuff from The Body Shop is supposed to be good, it's the one with kinetin (sp?) in it.

jampots Thu 03-Feb-05 21:54:20

i have both "all about eyes" and the body shop kinetin one and i rate the body shop one higher.

Moomina Thu 03-Feb-05 21:55:19

I swear by Clarins. They do an eye contour gel or a version of the beauty flash balm for eyes. Not terribly cheap but very nice and I find their stuff lasts ages.

LipstickMum Thu 03-Feb-05 21:57:20

Lowryn, I use the Body Shop one with kinetin too, as recommended by various people on a thread on MN. it's very good. I also use a bit of Body SHop vitamin E oil if the skin feels overly dry.

Lowryn Thu 03-Feb-05 22:02:03

Great, Body Shop one sounds like it might not break the bank then!

marj Thu 03-Feb-05 22:08:25

I use an under eye cream from Lush. It costs about £8 for a reasonable size bottle and it has definitely smoothed out my around the eye wrinkles!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now