Talk

Advanced search

Would you sell this,or, I am being a bit premature...

(14 Posts)
cba Fri 11-Jul-08 16:47:51

We bought dd the elc rose petal dream cottage with all the furniture to go with it. Can also be seen on the toys r us website with a video.

Thought she would love it, wrong. Over 6 weeks later she does not play with it.

Would you sell it, or just pack it away for a while and bring it out at a later date?

Probably me who wanted it more than her grin

SNoraWotzThat Fri 11-Jul-08 17:07:46

Pack it away and get it out again

I do this with a puppet theatre. They love it when it comes back out.

SNoraWotzThat Fri 11-Jul-08 22:37:32

Are you packing it or am i boring you with my puppet theatre?

cba Sun 13-Jul-08 13:19:49

sorry snora, no you are not boring me. dh returns from business this week and has not even seen it as he has been away since then.

So a viewing for dh then it is getting packed away. I even kept all the packaging.

belgo Sun 13-Jul-08 13:21:46

Pack it away. Then get it out again in a couple of months - I do this with lots of toys and it means they hold their appeal for longer.
How old is your dd?

cba Sun 13-Jul-08 13:22:59

she is just three, i am devastated she is not really interested in it

stitch Sun 13-Jul-08 13:23:33

if youwanted it, and you could afford it, then that is a good enough reason to keep it.
not all toys are only for children

belgo Sun 13-Jul-08 13:24:09

grin give her a little while, she may change.

belgo Sun 13-Jul-08 13:26:01

is it this?

PenelopePitstops Sun 13-Jul-08 13:29:03

maybe she is a little too young and will be more interested in it as she gets older, she is only at the minimum age on nthe website

i bet she will havemany more years of enjoyment from it

cba Sun 13-Jul-08 13:29:21

yes, that is the one belgo, toysrus website has link to a video of it.

When she saw the video her face lit up, but, she has just never played with it. I am thinking of turning it into a shop with pretend food and a cash register.

cba Sun 13-Jul-08 13:30:10

oh penelope, i just notice that, but an eight year old would be far to big her head nearly reches the top now.

belgo Sun 13-Jul-08 13:30:45

definitely keep it! Even if she doesn't play with it much on her own, when she has friends over they will all play with it.

cba Sun 13-Jul-08 13:42:20

ok will keep it, but should i pack it away completely or just bung it under the stairs with the furniture stacked in it. Or, keep it as a lovely feature of the living room complete with babies and everything!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now