Talk

Advanced search

Nokia vs the rest ...

(13 Posts)
NotQuiteCockney Thu 10-Jul-08 18:56:25

I have a Sony Ericson phone, which mostly I like.

Except, after one year, it's kaput - the circle/joystick thing won't go left or down. The camera is also hosed.

By comparison, DH has a Nokia that looks like it's been savaged by dogs or something, but it still works.

Do I need to go back to Nokia? I mostly prefer the interface on my Ericson. (Although I will check out the interface on DH's new Nokia, in case they've improved matters ...)

Marina Thu 10-Jul-08 21:36:06

Yes you do
Dh and I both had differently crappy Motorolas and have both gone back to the Finnish

HuwEdwards Thu 10-Jul-08 21:42:15

My DP who works for Nokia says YES grin

bogie Thu 10-Jul-08 21:43:10

the new nokia n95 is amazing I love it

BreeVanderCampLGJ Thu 10-Jul-08 21:44:02

I am on Samsung, and I am counting the months to my next upgrade. It will be Nokia.

Ecmo Thu 10-Jul-08 21:46:29

I had a Samsung for Christmas....Will be going back to a Nokia ASAP. The Samsung is a good phone, its just got some annoying and frustrating features/menu's

BreeVanderCampLGJ Thu 10-Jul-08 21:48:25

Not least Ecmo, when you select your victim recepient and you still have to go through a million hoops to send a bleeding text. grin

hoxtonchick Thu 10-Jul-08 21:49:27

i have always had nokias and think they're great. BUT i now have an iphone & it is amazing. get one of the new ones.

FAQ Thu 10-Jul-08 21:49:44

bogie - I agree - I got mine last week and LURVVVVVVVVV it.

Went back to Nokia of various other makes of phones.

TearsofaPersonalClown Thu 10-Jul-08 21:52:09

My last phone was a Motorola. Never had so much go wrong with a phone.
When I went for a new one, nearly every shop said Nokia are the best for durabilty, battery life etc.
Had my 7373 for 18 months now and not a thing wrong. But I really covet the N95 too.blush

Ecmo Thu 10-Jul-08 21:55:24

yes that is SO annoying Bree. Then you try to delete a letter and you finger accidently casts a shadow over the button and it rings the last person that you spoke to!

NotQuiteCockney Fri 11-Jul-08 07:06:35

Ah, see, the texting for the Sony is better than DH's new Nokia's. It just handles predictive text better, imo.

I think I will have to get a Nokia though, anyway, I can't be having with phones dying so often.

FluffyMummy123 Fri 11-Jul-08 07:13:07

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now