Talk

Advanced search

Shirt collar stiffeners

(9 Posts)
Michaelangelo Thu 10-Jul-08 12:39:28

Does anyone know where you can buy those plastic collar stiffener thingies for men's shirts, DH's keep getting lost in washing machine/tumble drier. Thx

claricebeansmum Thu 10-Jul-08 12:40:06

Shirt shop? Proper one like T&A or Hacketts

Seona1973 Thu 10-Jul-08 12:44:16

we get ours online from tmlewin but we get the metal ones as they are more durable. Dh also gets his shirts from there which are good quality and last well too.

claricebeansmum Thu 10-Jul-08 12:45:24

Or of course you could take them out before putting them through...

Michaelangelo Thu 10-Jul-08 12:56:38

Yes yes I know I could take them out but never remember of course he could take them out before putting in the washing basket but even less chance of that happening!

Katelyn Thu 10-Jul-08 13:05:56

Bones - is what they're called grin

You can get them anywhere they sell shirts, we get ours from gant...if you pop in, they'll give you some.

hanaflowerisnothana Thu 10-Jul-08 13:17:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

MuffinMclay Thu 10-Jul-08 14:48:31

You need to make sure you get them from the same place as you bought the shirts (or else take measurements). I got a load from tmlewin and they're too long and wide for most of dh's shirts (which aren't from there).

So glad you posted this. It has reminded me that I need to get some more for dh. I tkae them out of the shirts for washing and then they vanish into a black hole. Bet they're hiding somewhere with all the socks.

ajandjjmum Thu 10-Jul-08 14:49:52

Paul Smith do designer ones!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now