Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Children's Games - Which ones do you like?

(15 Posts)
OllieWollieWoo Thu 10-Jul-08 12:06:14

Has anyone got any good suggestions for some games we can get to play play with our 2 small children (under 5) - not sure what would be suitable and age appropriate!

Already have the Whose Nose game from ELC but need some more games for wet Sunday afternoons for when Mum and Dad are exhausted from hide and seek and need a sit down round the table with a cuppa!!! Thank you!

RockHardPlace Thu 10-Jul-08 12:07:12

Mine like lucky ducks, where you have to pick up a duck thats going round a pond and match the colours/shapes on the bottom

uberalice Thu 10-Jul-08 12:08:03

Cariboo is great from age 3 onwards.

dilbertina Thu 10-Jul-08 12:10:27

Hulabaloo and elefun are good if you want something a bit active. Even small children can play them

frogs Thu 10-Jul-08 12:11:25

Tummy ache has been popular here for ages.

Hungry Hippos is good too (but noisy).

sunshineonarainyday Thu 10-Jul-08 12:12:23

Would also agree with Cariboo. My two love it and they are 4 and 2

tooBIG Thu 10-Jul-08 16:04:51

Try the Orchard Toys website, which has the Tummy Ache game and loads of others for this sort of age.

OllieWollieWoo Thu 10-Jul-08 20:50:16

These are great suggestions - thank you! Especially like the look of Cariboo!

Bbbee Thu 10-Jul-08 20:54:23

mine loved those kind of picture lotto games or ones where you have a spinner and collect farm animals or the such like.

mainly from orchard or early learning.

also loved snakes and ladders - my board from when i was little.

i think with this ages the simpler the better!

cousinsandra Thu 10-Jul-08 20:56:57

DS1 (now 4.5) loves snakes and ladders - it's a bit painful to begin with (throwing the counter not the dice, moving the dice, not the counter etc aww bless) but now he's really into it and it's great for counting and he's trying to teach DS2 (2.25)

Bbbee Thu 10-Jul-08 21:18:50

get box lid and they HAVE to throw the dice into the box lid otherwise they miss a turn (oh god I am bitch controlling mother aren't i!)

Theresa Fri 11-Jul-08 22:40:54

ours are 6 & 9 now but they used to love 'pop up pirate'

hewlettsdaughter Fri 11-Jul-08 22:44:20

I second Orchard Toys - Insey Winsey Spider is a good one to start with.

HappyMummyOfOne Sat 12-Jul-08 10:13:23

Another fan of orchard toys too, we have most of the range as they are fab. Most have two levels so that you can have an easy and hard version dependent on age.

They dont go on for ages either like some games so they dont get as bored. No major set up either once the initial bit has been done.

SoupKitchen Sat 12-Jul-08 10:15:55

Elefun
Tummyache
Dotty dinosaurs
Snap
Hungry hippos

I spy( with colours not letters if necessary)
Hide and Seek
Tag
Musical bumps
I know these are not board games but my Dc love them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now