Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

**Toddler bed, but 'single', not cotbed, sized.**

(10 Posts)
1973 Wed 09-Jul-08 19:06:45

I don't want to shell out on another bed in a couple of years but cant seem to find a bed that's low enough for a toddler that isn't cotbed sized.

Any help gratefully recieved smile

biglips Wed 09-Jul-08 19:12:03

Ikea sells one and its fab!

my 3 yrs old niece had got one and its low enough for her

and another extendable bed

and here too

nappyaddict Fri 25-Jul-08 23:02:49

how do the extendable beds work? do you have to buy a small matress, then a bigger one when you extend the bed?

Seona1973 Sat 26-Jul-08 11:53:45

I think they come with a sectioned mattress so the bigger the bed gets the more bits of mattress you have to use.

DisenchantedPlusBump Sat 26-Jul-08 11:56:45

I have this for my son, its a full size single bed but he can get in and out fine, he just turned 2

PortAndLemon Sat 26-Jul-08 11:57:11

We have that Ikea Minnen bed for DS with an Ikea Sultan Sussa mattress. The mattress comes in three parts so that you extend it to match the bed size. When we get the bed up to full size I will probably buy a regular single bed mattress as well, though.

PotPourri Sat 26-Jul-08 12:03:21

I have one from Ikea, but it is still shorter than a normal single. How about a normal single, with a bed guard adn a big beanbag or couch cushion along the floor to act as a step/soft landing. Worked for me both times so far

nappyaddict Sat 26-Jul-08 20:56:39

can you get a sprung mattress to fit the extendable beds in ikea?

Nemoandthefishes Sun 27-Jul-08 12:12:59

we got the mothercare extendable bed for ds when he was 16mths and dd1 now uses it. comes with a foam mattress that also has extra bits for when you extend it to the 3 different lengths

Nemoandthefishes Sun 27-Jul-08 12:13:50

meant to add 3 yrs on dd1 now uses it and it is still very sturdy and comfortable bed but she has it in cotbed size due to dd2 also being in a cotbed in the same room

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now